Well i got a LTD f-50 for my first guitar, i had tried it at the guitar shop and i had also tried some kind of either lp or sg copy and the LTD just kinda felt better and not only that the other one was a nasty puke green but anyways heres the features of the LTD
Bolt-On construction
25.5" scale
Basswood body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
24 extra large frets
String through body
TOM Bridge
ESP LH-150 for both pick ups
and the price was around 270. so was that such a good idea in terms of the price and it being my first guitar?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
yea that sounds good

u play metal right?

coz if u chose that for classical ur kinda screwed
People will say don't go anything under the 400's for LTDs And i say Fk them, Because they're pretty good guitars no matter what price

I prefer them over cheaper ibanez and jacksons imo, Epiphones seem alright,

It's not what others think, It's what you think about the guitar and how it feels for you.

String through = great for a first guitar, will make restringing so much easier, Also means it should stay in tune decently with the TOM bridge as well, since there's no tremolo system, The tuners might lack a bit, but mostly depends on how well you restring it and stretch the strings before hand.

24 Extra large frets = easier to play since you have to press the strings down a little less

My ibanez has medium frets and my god they're terrible for metal.

The other thing is the "basswood" I'm sure people will QQ about that as well, but the fact of the matter is it's your first guitar, You're not going to be trying to track down a tone, You want something cheap and durable, and 90% of cheap guitars have basswood or alder i think it is bodies.
The pickups are the weak part of the guitar, They may not be the "best" pickups around but they'll do the job they intend to do, But others will do their job better

Also, It's an LTD, Not as ESP :P
Last edited by BoL7z at Jul 16, 2010,
@ BoL7z, in what way is alder and basswood bad? It all depends on what kind they get. Sure if it's the cheapest basswood out there it's bound to be bad, but all wood can be bad.
Quote by Ascendant
@ BoL7z, in what way is alder and basswood bad? It all depends on what kind they get. Sure if it's the cheapest basswood out there it's bound to be bad, but all wood can be bad.

I'm not saying either is bad, But there's a few people around here that seem to have endless supplies of money and will QQ about it because it's less superior than $1000 guitars etc.
yeah, i personally love it, it has nice action and it has a pretty thin neck so thats a plus and the pickups aren't really a problem for me yet cause i don't have a real amp yet, just a little vypyr, when i get a new amp i'll probably get some new pickups a long with it
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
which color are you looking at? and also the higher end f series have a different finish.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15