Page 1 of 2
I usually drink a mug of coffee each morning to get me going. If I don't, I'm noticeably more draggy. Today I went to the dentist and I had some stains on the inside of my teeth from the coffee. Thankfully, they were able to remove them easily with a water tool. I've decided I don't want to wreck my white teeth from coffee.

I've heard that tea stains teeth too, so that's not an alternative.

I try to eat as cleanly as possible (read-little to no high fructose corn syrup) so I don't drink soft drinks. I don't like the taste of them either.

What's a good alternative to coffee? Caffeine pills like these ?

edit- I've now decided that I'm going to try to combat my caffeine addiction by not drinking my morning coffee and drinking decaf tea in the afternoon. If anyone wants to join me, I suppose this can be a support thread or something.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jul 16, 2010,
Meth.

/Thread
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Remember, staining isn't damaging the teeth in any way, it just means they're stained. Also, usually dentists can get all that staining off with the way you said, a while back i was on some anti biotics that gave me really bad staining on my teeth and the dentist always managed to make them white again.

I suppose energy drinks won't stain your teeth though, they'll do them a lot more damage potentially though since they're full of sugar.
cocaine
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Just pop a no-doz every morning. Just like a cup of coffee without the sugar or stains (or delicious coffee taste).
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
i think practically everything stains teeth.
also, an apple in the morning is better than a cup of coffee
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
I drink a least 5 cups of coffee every day, and I have since I was really small like 6, and I'm 19 now and my teeth have yet to be stained.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Coffee is probably your healthiest way to take in caffeine. Just brush yo teeth brush yo teeth brush yo God damn teeth.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Coffee is probably your healthiest way to take in caffeine. Just brush yo teeth brush yo teeth brush yo God damn teeth.

Take a sip of coffee
Brush your teeth.
Take a sip of coffee
Brush your teeth.
Take a sip of coffee

Oh gosh.

I'm nauseous.
I'm nauseous.

EDIT: I am certain that nobody will understand this reference.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 16, 2010,
Yeah, it's weird. The front of my teeth look perfectly fine, white with no stains. I have a metal wire retainer on the backside of my bottom teeth, and I guess the coffee just gets caught in that. That's the only spot that got stained. When I had braces, I had no problem with staining.

Those nodoz things look interesting. I might have to try out my free amazon prime membership.

If I stick to coffee, I may try drinking it through a straw. Although, it's the inside behind my retainer that gets stained, so I'm not really sure if that would help much.

Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures
^ My teeth are abit stained from drinking coffee although i have about 9 cups a day. Although to be fair, i can't remember them ever being white, i used to drink tea all the time too.

During the spring semester, I was drinking that many a day or more and with stress from classes I started having heart palpitations so I had to drastically cut back. =/
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by SteveHouse

Read a muh-fuckin Book,
Quote by Butt Rayge

Voltaire drank more than 50 cups of coffee a day and lived till he was 83, also he was a genius and didn't care about stained teeth.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Psalm 150:4

If I stick to coffee, I may try drinking it through a straw. Although, it's the inside behind my retainer that gets stained, so I'm not really sure if that would help much.

It would definitely help, but it seems like it would be weird

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

You could try drinking the coffee through a straw instead. That's what my wife does and it seems to help some. Otherwise, maybe sub it with Vitamin B supplements. They boost your energy as well. I believe B6 and B12 are the best.
Quote by Zoot Allures
O_o really? I've never had any of that..

Yeah, needless to say I freaked out. Chest pains and everything. It was a combo of too much stress and all the caffeine. I cut back to like 2 cups a day the rest of the semester and after the semester was completely over I felt fine.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Voltaire drank more than 50 cups of coffee a day and lived till he was 83, also he was a genius and didn't care about stained teeth.

So he drank 12,5 liters of coffee a day?
I call bullshit on that.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Never had stained teeth myself and I drink a lot of coffee. Maybe you don't brush your teeth enough?

I brush my teeth right after I drink the coffee. I brush them twice a day. I'm 18 and have never had a cavity..I think my brushing is fine.

Since it's summer, I'm going to try overcoming my caffeine addiction. 2 weeks with no coffee...can I do it? I'll try the apple in the morning thing too, if I need it.

Quote by bklinger83
You could try drinking the coffee through a straw instead. That's what my wife does and it seems to help some. Otherwise, maybe sub it with Vitamin B supplements. They boost your energy as well. I believe B6 and B12 are the best.

Buying any supplement vitamins is basically buying expensive pee.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
you could just not drink coffee after a few weeks you won't even notice that you haven't had it. You shouldn't need caffeine to function.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I call bullshit on that.

O_O I second that. The dude would have had a heart attack, or overdose on caffeine...or a combination of the two.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

You are obviously addicted to caffeine. I saw a documentary on BBC a few years ago which came to the conclusion that caffeine actually does nothing to improve performance unless you consume it rarely. The feeling you get in the morning is the beginning of caffeine withdrawal.

The best thing would be to stop consuming it all together. You will have strong headaches that painkillers will not be able to stop for about a week and will feel constantly tired. It's worth it though because after that week or so you'll be free from your dependancy. A lot of people forget caffeine is a drug and you can get addicted just like most other drugs.

Read this http://www.nodependence.com/addictions/caffeine-addiction/caffeine-addiction.html
Quote by CoreysMonster
I call bullshit on that.

So the story goes anyway. It's been in a bunch of biographies about him. I'd imagine that the cups weren't like the buckets that coffee comes in nowadays.

Here's a source, bottom of the fifth paragraph: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2005/0506.koerner.html
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Psalm 150:4
I brush my teeth right after I drink the coffee. I brush them twice a day. I'm 18 and have never had a cavity..I think my brushing is fine.

Since it's summer, I'm going to try overcoming my caffeine addiction. 2 weeks with no coffee...can I do it? I'll try the apple in the morning thing too, if I need it.

Wait for 3 weeks or more. The first 2 weeks will be filled with mostly terrible withdrawal headaches but after that should be fine. I did the same thing when I was 18.
Quote by offthewall91
O_O I second that. The dude would have had a heart attack, or overdose on caffeine...or a combination of the two.

Not to mention the amount of water he would have to drink to compensate for the dehydration from coffee would be enough to kill him.
Quote by offthewall91

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has OD'd on caffeine. I think the closest was a guy who took most of a 90-pill bottle of No-doze. I'm pretty sure he survived.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Quote by axe_thrasher
You are obviously addicted to caffeine. I saw a documentary on BBC a few years ago which came to the conclusion that caffeine actually does nothing to improve performance unless you consume it rarely. The feeling you get in the morning is the beginning of caffeine withdrawal.

The best thing would be to stop consuming it all together. You will have strong headaches that painkillers will not be able to stop for about a week and will feel constantly tired. It's worth it though because after that week or so you'll be free from your dependancy. A lot of people forget caffeine is a drug and you can get addicted just like most other drugs.

Read this http://www.nodependence.com/addictions/caffeine-addiction/caffeine-addiction.html

Yeah, I think I am. I've decided to stop drinking coffee and I'm not going to go the pill route. I'm basically doing nothing this summer, so my crankiness won't affect anyone (except the people I tutor...lol). I figure it'll be easier to stop now than when college gets rolling.

Quote by bklinger83
Wait for 3 weeks or more. The first 2 weeks will be filled with mostly terrible withdrawal headaches but after that should be fine. I did the same thing when I was 18.

',:-|

Caffeine headaches are brutal but they shouldn't last more than the first few days... Anyway TS, if you really do want to try to quit the stuff it's certainly more manly to do it all at once, but you'll regret every second of it. Try to cut down slowly instead, and don't always drink it at the same time/from the same mug, because if you do you'll end up with a caffeine preparation reaction to those things (read: headache).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by CoreysMonster
Not to mention the amount of water he would have to drink to compensate for the dehydration from coffee would be enough to kill him.

The coffee dehydration thing isn't actually true. It just dosn't add all that much water to you.
Quote by doomded
To the best of my knowledge, nobody has OD'd on caffeine. I think the closest was a guy who took most of a 90-pill bottle of No-doze. I'm pretty sure he survived.

People OD on it all the time, it's a relatively popular (and actually horrible) suicide method. It would be extremely hard to OD on Coffee though, you'd really need pills.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Page 1 of 2