I've been looking to buy an Ibanez for my next guitar. I've been looking at the RGA72TQM, S770PB, S570DXQM, RGT42DXFM, or possibly some other RG model. I wanna make sure I get a good guitar so I have some questions.
Should I get one of these models? Would you recommend a different model?
I heard the Edge III trem sucks, should I even bother getting a guitar with one?
Should I get a set-neck or bolt-on neck?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also found a 2006 S2170 prestige on craigslist for about $500. This model only has 22 frets but I'm really looking for one with 24. Should I check it out?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Jul 16, 2010,
well ive heard that RG's arent that good. i reccomend a prestige if you can afford it and yes the edge III sucks ass. set neck is my opinion is better.
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
Get the S770

I just bought it, and it blows the RG out of the water

Mahogany>Basswood

ZR>Edge III

Its sexy, its thin

The only thing I would do is take out the ZPS, because it sucks
Im not exactly sure what my budget is going to be but I'm pretty sure a prestige is going to be too much. I like setnecks better also but I heard that Ibanez necks snap a lot because theyre so thin.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by ryan_nadon
Im not exactly sure what my budget is going to be but I'm pretty sure a prestige is going to be too much. I like setnecks better also but I heard that Ibanez necks snap a lot because theyre so thin.

Where did you hear that? I've had four Ibby's, still have two, and I've never had any problems with the neck even having a serious bow, much less breaking..
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by Night_Warrior
Get the S770

I just bought it, and it blows the RG out of the water

Mahogany>Basswood

WRONG!!! Basswood=mahogany=alder(not tonal characteristics)

Quote by ryan_nadon

Lmao.....who told you that?
Quote by ryan_nadon

EDIT: I also found a 2006 S2170 prestige on craigslist for about $500. This model only has 22 frets but I'm really looking for one with 24. Should I check it out?

those are korean prestiges but definitely check them out,they're sweet guitars(specially for that price)

sorry for the double post
You should really try them and see what feels good for you. If your budget is on the lower side i think the S-series are better than RG. But that is just because of the edge 3. Mahogany is not in any way better than basswood, it depends on what you you like when it comes to feel and tone. S-models and cheaper RG's has the wizard II neck and it's really different in feel compared to the wizards found on the higher end RG's.

Try them all out and pick the one that feels best. I think it's really important that the guitar feels comfortable from the start.
Quote by ryan_nadon
t I heard that Ibanez necks snap a lot because theyre so thin.

whoever told you that is the village idiot. i`ve seen more gibson and epiphone necks snap than any other guitar and thats only `cos peeps can`t handle the weight and drop them and they`re 75% thicker than a ibby.

go to a dealer and play every ibanez in your budget, whichever one appeals most buy it.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
whoever told you that is the village idiot. i`ve seen more gibson and epiphone necks snap than any other guitar and thats only `cos peeps can`t handle the weight and drop them and they`re 75% thicker than a ibby.

go to a dealer and play every ibanez in your budget, whichever one appeals most buy it.

So I guess i should get a setneck then? I'm definitely gonna try out every single Ibanez but can any of you recommend a high quality RG? my budget is probably going to be $1000 or so max.

EDIT: I briefly tried out an S770PB the other day and I might wanna buy it. I guess at this point I'm stuck beween an RG or an S series.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Last edited by ryan_nadon at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by ryan_nadon
So I guess i should get a setneck then? I'm definitely gonna try out every single Ibanez but can any of you recommend a high quality RG? my budget is probably going to be $1000 or so max.

I bought a slightly used 1570 prestige for $700 with pup upgrade as well. worth your time to shop around.
rg1451 it`s the cheapest prestige available and is a hardtail, if you are so falsely paranoid about snapping a neck then get a bolt on.

the hierachy of RGs is GRG,non-prestige, prestige, of the non-prestige the quality is reflected in the average price. of the prestige it is reflected in the hardware...as a rough guide and my personal observation of the catalogues
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 16, 2010,
if you can pay 1000$ try and find a prestige somewhere that you can afford
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030