Ok so im looking at buying one of these used how i dont really now how much is acceptable to pay though, There asking $750 footswithch included but also 75 bucks for shipping is this a good deal?
Sounds like an awsome deal to me, you guys get things so much cheaper in the US haha.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Ok so basically i have to choose now between a series one mesa rectoverb head or a series 2 does anyone have any opinions on which one i should get, the series one is 730 with shipping and the series 2 is going to be 825 with shipping.
Whats the difference i know the series 2 has the bias switch but what other differences are there?
Also does anyone know if the series one is fixed bias or not?
Thank you
The series 1 overall sounds better. I would go for that one. At that price, that's pretty awesome.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Thats what the guy selling it told me that the sound is better, i am leaning toward the series one allready for the money wise plus its in mint as i said
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Aug 17, 2011,
So i bought the series one recto verb head should have it sometime this week, now i need a cheap closed back 2x12 cab any ideas on any cabs $300.00 and under?
I just need something to get me by for awhile.
I was thinking of getting the jet city jca245 its ugly but cheap would this cab work with this head?
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jul 17, 2010,
I don't know where you are in Michigan, but I guessed Detroit. Could you tell us which one your local craiglist if it's not Detroit? Anyway here are some things I found:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/1824042716.html
Slightly over budget but it's only $50, plus you could probably haggle a bit.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/msg/1792599473.html
You could get it for around $350

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/1798921207.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/1779248450.html
Cheaper but not really as good as the others, still decent though.

Got bored cba finding more
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
The Series 1 is cathode biased, as far as I know (almost every Mesa amp is) unless someone installed a bias pot. In that case it would be fixed bias.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by FuzzLove
Sounds like an awsome deal to me, you guys get things so much cheaper in the US haha.

Except that you get cheap Laneys. Are Marshalls much cheaper in the UK? I know they'd be cheaper than here but just about everything everywhere is.

To the TS. Buy it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The main differences between the Series 1 and Series 2 is the Series 2 added a bias switch so you can use EL34s, the Reverb knob is on the front rather than the back, and they added a Raw mode for the second channel.
Thanks for the replys but i allready bought the amp and all my questions from yesterday are answered allready i just need some opinions on cheap 2x12 closed back cabs now.
I live in the saginaw bay area in michigan a couple hours north of detroit.
It's an alright deal, but for a little more, you could get a 2 channel dual recto which would destroy it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^I thought you've always said Rectoverb > Dual Rec

Not the 2 Channel!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's an alright deal, but for a little more, you could get a 2 channel dual recto which would destroy it

This is a better fit for me and also the rectoverb sounds better at low volumes than a dual rec in my opinion, allthough ive only played a series one rectoverb 112 combo so i guess the head could be different should be better though, and ive played dual recs many times and never got a satisfying low volume tone out of any of them.
Also a dual rec for a little more? I paid 700 bucks for a mint rectoverb and 30 bucks for shipping, if i wanted a dual rec id be looking at over 1000 not mint. So i made the right choice Imo Thanks for everyones help though!
Quote by slipknot_420
This is a better fit for me and also the rectoverb sounds better at low volumes than a dual rec in my opinion, allthough ive only played a series one rectoverb 112 combo so i guess the head could be different should be better though, and ive played dual recs many times and never got a satisfying low volume tone out of any of them.
Also a dual rec for a little more? I paid 700 bucks for a mint rectoverb and 30 bucks for shipping, if i wanted a dual rec id be looking at over 1000 not mint. So i made the right choice Imo Thanks for everyones help though!

I will agree with you on the 3 channel Dual Rectos not sounding good at low volumes, but the 2 channels are pretty beastly, where ever you have the volume knob set

And I've bought 3 Rectos in the past month... 2 2 channels for ~$850, and a 3 channel for $800, all three, very mint.

Either way though, the Rectoverb is an awesome amp, I'm sure you'll like it
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I will agree with you on the 3 channel Dual Rectos not sounding good at low volumes, but the 2 channels are pretty beastly, where ever you have the volume knob set

And I've bought 3 Rectos in the past month... 2 2 channels for ~$850, and a 3 channel for $800, all three, very mint.

Either way though, the Rectoverb is an awesome amp, I'm sure you'll like it

No shit obviously you have more money than me lol, where did u buy them ive never seen them going that cheap before.
I know that ill enjoy it its the best fit for me and its my first tube amp that ive actually owned so im pretty excited about it.
Quote by slipknot_420
No shit obviously you have more money than me lol, where did u buy them ive never seen them going that cheap before.
I know that ill enjoy it its the best fit for me and its my first tube amp that ive actually owned so im pretty excited about it.

Harmony-Central, eBay and Craislist
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com