What in, your opinion, is the best multi-FX pedal on the market today?
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
Either one of those new Line 6 boards, or the Boss ME series, because they don't have crap amp modeling.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The Axe FX without a doubt, I just wish the rest of the modelling companies could get their shit together and do something that's even remotely close to the realism of the Axe.
I think the top end boss multi-fx pedals are pretty good. I've also heard a lot about the good line 6's, but not had much experience with them myself.

I personally own a Boss GT8 and can say that you do get some very good tones out of it. However, unless you want to play around with effects or change styles a lot, I'd recomend a good amp and a few pedals you need instead as in the long run, you get a better tone and it's generally cheaper.

The problem with multi fx pedals is you still need either a good amp or a PA system to use it properly, however, for practice they're brilliant I find, just plug in headphones and away you go. Another problem is there are many buttons and settings it means you'll have to do a lot of fiddling until you actually get a tone you want.

In short, if you want to experiment, go for either Boss or Line 6 multi fx units. If you know what sound you want, forget the multi fx and just buy the pedals you want
Quote by Sid McCall
Either one of those new Line 6 boards, or the Boss ME series, because they don't have crap amp modeling.

They don't have amp modeling, but they do have distortion modeling. COSM sucks.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Axe FX is clearly the best, the M13, M9 and the TC Electronics systems are also very nice. Most other multi fx's I find are only good for recording/headphone practice and don't sound good through an amp.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm