Ok, my Fender HotRod picks-up radio signals (90.1 to be exact), and I know that is not exactly uncommon at all (all of my amps have done it at some point), but is there anything I can do really? It's starting to get obnoxious because it's picking-up quite well, and classical/talk just doesn't go well with clean guitar. I like where my amp is so I don't really want to move it, but I will if I need to.

Thansk!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
beat it with a flipflop
if it doesnt work turn off the radio
or try shielding it or something? :@
Edit: maybe its the guitar?
Last edited by philipk at Jul 16, 2010,
Does it do it with no cables plugged into it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
it goes away for the most part if I take out the cables. You can still kinda here it, though. Basically, with each piece I take-off, it gets quieter, but doesnt go away

EDIT: By the way, the flip-flop idea is what I might resort to...that or hammer
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
It could be a dodgey earth. Try a different power outlet. The earth in the amp itself could be dicky too. Try a different outlet first - preferably in a different house - preferably a new house.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It could be a dodgey earth. Try a different power outlet. The earth in the amp itself could be dicky too. Try a different outlet first - preferably in a different house - preferably a new house.

lol, well, i'm living in a college apartment right now.

anyway, i might try that a little later... i'm just lazy right now and don't feel like draggin 45lbs of amp and all the associated wires across the room right now.

thanks for the help y'all.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
Ok, my Fender HotRod picks-up radio signals (90.1 to be exact), and I know that is not exactly uncommon at all (all of my amps have done it at some point), but is there anything I can do really? It's starting to get obnoxious because it's picking-up quite well, and classical/talk just doesn't go well with clean guitar. I like where my amp is so I don't really want to move it, but I will if I need to.

Thansk!

Move your amp to a different location in the house. Also, the tin covers you can get for preamp tubes can actually help out quite a bit if you don't have any.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.