hey, i have a crap strat knock off i use to play at work that i just restrung. ive restrung it before and never had any problems but this time if i try and tune it to standard by the time i get to the g string the bridge lifts up so much the e a and d strings are already out of tune. and when i tighten them up some more to tune them back the g b and e strings go out of tune. i can tune to low stuff like drop b and c fine but cant get it into standard. my friend has a ltd that had a similar problem where his bridge just lifts up a ridiculous amount (but he can get it to stay in standard).

the only thing i found online was to try tuning it from the middle out but that didnt help. im using standard gauge strings and its a non locking tremolo bridge. am i supposed to adjust the spring tensions or something? i dont know any one whose had a problem like this before. thanks.
Sounds like you need to tighten the springs in the back of your guitar, but do it one full turn at a time and then try tuning again or risk snapping the neck when you get back to standard. What are you clling standard gague strings?
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
You could also replace the springs, or add a new one. I added an additional spring to my Strat because I grew tired of the tuning issues.

But if you're going from C to standard tuning, you'll need to retune each string at least twice anyways. When you add tension to the strings, it increases the curvature of the guitar neck, which in turn reduces tension on the other strings... so you have to go back and fine tune them again.
the strings are .010 - .046

But if you're going from C to standard tuning, you'll need to retune each string at least twice anyways. When you add tension to the strings, it increases the curvature of the guitar neck, which in turn reduces tension on the other strings... so you have to go back and fine tune them again.

when i went back and retuned the lower strings it would just mess up the higher ones and keep in a loop like that.

im going to try adjusting the springs.
Quote by spacedoutbad
the strings are .010 - .046

when i went back and retuned the lower strings it would just mess up the higher ones and keep in a loop like that.

im going to try adjusting the springs.

Hehe, those are some light strings for C tuning.

Anyways, it really is just inevitable when going up or down that many steps that you're gonna need to retune each string a couple times. You can mitigate this by adjusting the springs, or adding a third one like I did. If they are old, maybe they don't provide enough tension like they used to... so replacing them would be a good idea.
You bought a "wrong" gauge strings. You had extra lights, and now you bought lights which are thicker and exert more tension on the springs.
ok to all of u saying adjust the springs your right but i wouldnt listen to anyone who calls it that the correct term is balancing your bridge
Fair enough, but if he knew what balancing the bridge meant he probably wouldn't even need to ask what his issue is.