Hi,

i asked the question the other day whilst ont holiday which amp wold be best to get a 80's hair metal sound from and most of the guys who replyed pointed out a 'Marshall JCM 800 combo on ebay'.

now on the way home from the airport today i stopped off at a PMT music store in leeds and asked the same question, and after looking at some marshalls he introduced me to the Wharfedale range.

they are selling a Wharfedale TCT35C for £250, half the RRP. he said that it was the best sounding out of the range of Wharfedales they had in stock, heres the link http://www.amps.wharfedale.com/Products/product/tabid/83/PID/5/Default.aspx

but i cant find any reviews on the amp, so...have you guys got any thought on it?
They are fairly new though, the features seem cool though, do note the dual 6L6 tubes in the poweramp.
Quote by stykerwolf
They are fairly new though, the features seem cool though, do note the dual 6L6 tubes in the poweramp.

yes he mentioned that...well...he pointed them out and said what type of tubes they where...are they good...bad...?
6L6 are generally excepted "american" voiced tubes, they have less mids then the british voiced EL34s and have more headroom and more low end. it's a matter of taste really
i dont think of 6l6's when i think of hair metal. could be wrong about this but im pretty sure evh is the only guy to use 6l6's in anything close to hair metal, also the mark series....dunno if that was used in hair metal.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I'd wait for some reviews on the wharfedale stuff. I'd at least want to see a gut shot before I made any recs.

Wharfedale has a great rep for making hifi speakers but I'd be interested in seeing where development for their amps came from.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer