Really simple,
Some guitars you buy come with cases if you buy them brand new and unplayed. When you buy the wall or display guitars (e.g. a Ibanez prestige or Gibson) do you still get the case? Let's say you were buying from Guitar Center.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
hahah why wouldn't you get a case? just because a guitar has been played before? that's a silly reason.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I had to buy a case separately for my SG. All they were willing to give me was a Gibson gig bag.
yes, display guitars come with a case too. and remember to always ask for a discount for display guitars, their technically used
I had heard somewhere that they didn't and idk how to haggle with these people without sounding like a dick lol.

Just ask them if comes with a case... if they say no, just ask them straight up if they can give you a deal on one then. You're not gonna sound like a dick because you want a case for it :P
no I get that haha! I actually wasn't buying one for a couple more months. but it was in response to davem27 because idk how to ask for a case and then a discount. a bit much.

Never go my case when i got my Ibanez that was on display, the thing had no locking nuts no whammy bar and they were trying to give it to me without those till i asked, but i forgot to ask for the case >.< I did get a $100 discount though
Last edited by Shadow650 at Jul 16, 2010,
Most $500US+ guitars come with a gig bag or a case supplied by the manufacturer. But it can depend on the type of guitar and the manufacturer. Some guitar stores will separate the guitar and case and make you purchase the case separately. I find that when you buy a guitar from a Guitar Center or a Sam Ash, generally they will give you the case it came with, if it came with one. I know that American made Fenders and Gibsons, Gretches (except the Electromatic series), High end PRS's all come with hard shell cases and MIM Fenders and low end PRS's come with gig bags. These guitars usually have something like "Case included" on the price tag in the store. Other Guitars like Ibanezs, Epiphones and Squiers are sold sans case, to keep the price down.
Quote by Rcasa630
no I get that haha! I actually wasn't buying one for a couple more months. but it was in response to davem27 because idk how to ask for a case and then a discount. a bit much.

I kind of assumed that you always get a discount with a display model.... you know, like it's standard practice. Bit ballsy for them to assume you'd pay full price when it's been handled by tons of people, potentially been dropped, scratched, etc etc.
It depends on the guitar. If you go to the manufacturer's website, it usually says if it comes with a case or not. There's no price cutoff for cases. ESPs don't come with cases even though they can be around $2000
That's kind of annoying. Most people heh bones out of a case then. Smh.

If the guitar is in perfect working condition than there isn't a need for a discount. If the guitar says "w/case" on the tag than the store should have properly stored the case that it came with in their inventory room.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
If the guitar is in perfect working condition than there isn't a need for a discount. If the guitar says "w/case" on the tag than the store should have properly stored the case that it came with in their inventory room.

a 2010 ford mustang with 9000 miles on it is gonna be less than a new one, same applies to guitars bud
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Just ask if they can do a better price on it, eg. "Hey can you do a better price for me then the one displayed?"
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Skagasm
a 2010 ford mustang with 9000 miles on it is gonna be less than a new one, same applies to guitars bud

Indirect comparison. So you're telling me you think the car you walked off the lot with was NEVER test driven?
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Indirect comparison. So you're telling me you think the car you walked off the lot with was NEVER test driven?

when my sister bought her car, the only time it was driven was off the truck

if a guitar has some obvious (even if minimal) signs of wear that would be associated with a heavily used floor mode, i wouldnt be above haggling a bit. if the guitar is obviously brand new and only played a couple times, there is no reason to ask for a discount on the floor model. it completly depends on what the guitar is and the condition.

as for a case, i have found that most guitars over $1000 or so often come with a hard case. guitars between $500 and $1000 often come with a gig bag. under that, you probably arent getting anything. of course thats not a hard and fast rule, it depends on the manufacturer. if the model is supposed to come with a case, there is no reason the floor model wouldnt.