It's almost my birthday and my mom said she would get me an amp. I live in Newnan, Georgia, and there aren't alot of music stores here, I only know of 2, and they're also pretty small. My mom doesn't want to drive all the way to Atlanta just to go to GC, and she doesn't like buying online. so I have to get my am from one of the small music stores. One of them has a Marshall JCM 2000, and the other one has Fender Frontman, a Marshall MA and a Marshall 100HDFX, which is the newer MGs which I heard sound alot better than the older ones.

I was thinking of the Marshall MA or the JCM2000 because at least they tubes (I think).
And my mom is convincing me to get the MG because it 's a stack and it's the cheapest.

I play a Epi Les Paul and I'm looking for a Hard Rock tone (think Velver Revolver, GN'R, and The Darkness), and a metallica-like tone.
Can someone please help?
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
the jcm 2000, is ideal for what you want, slash uses a similar jcm amp, and the darkness also used a similar amp, it's worth the money
thanks guys
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
if all of those options are available to you grab the jcm2000.

lol. your mom is convincing you to get the stack....

if it were me i'd get the stack dime everything and only play like that for months. in my dining room. i'd blame my mom. lulz would happen.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Don't listen to your mom (although I guess that goes without saying), the MG series is pretty crappy.
The MA is reportedly only a small step up from the MGs, so go for the JCM2000.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Yea my mom keeps telling me they all sound the same, but if the JCM2000 turns out to be too expensive, (1000 dollars for an amp would freak out my mom) which of those would be 2nd best?
I mean I think you should work out a budget with her first. Parents like to keep things up in the air so they can screw you. true story.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by Xanron
Yea my mom keeps telling me they all sound the same, but if the JCM2000 turns out to be too expensive, (1000 dollars for an amp would freak out my mom) which of those would be 2nd best?

the ma, whilst it's reviews have been mixed it's still a good amp
Quote by Xanron

Neither. Look for different brands. I think Jet City would be very suitable for your needs.

Also, your mom most likely doesn't have an ear for tone. It takes a while to develop. If you're just starting out, you probably don't have a very good ear for it either. Which I suppose you can consider a blessing, since you'll be fine with the tone of a cheaper practice amp, but it's nice to get some future-proofing, right?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

I'be been playing for 3 years and I must say I've developed quite an ear, but the ting about my mom she just wants to get the cheapest of things, like when I went to buy my LP there was also a small bass guitar for kids made by Silvertone for 75 dollars and she kept telling me it was the same as a LP.

I called up one of the music stores and one of them said they're carrying some Peavey Vypyrs.
Are they any better?
Quote by Xanron
I'be been playing for 3 years and I must say I've developed quite an ear, but the ting about my mom she just wants to get the cheapest of things, like when I went to buy my LP there was also a small bass guitar for kids made by Silvertone for 75 dollars and she kept telling me it was the same as a LP.
Ah, I see..
I called up one of the music stores and one of them said they're carrying some Peavey Vypyrs.
Are they any better?
Those are pretty decent modeling amps. Probably the most versatile decent amp you'll get at that price. But it doesn't seem you're particularly after versatility.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Thanks bro, It has alot of built in effects and versatility is always good imo.
I'll check it out,

thanks again guys
Quote by Xanron

Are they any better?

Wow...I feel sorry for you. Listen, don't let your mom tell you what's best if she thinks it all sounds the same. If you get the mg stack, you will have an over-sized practice amp. It will sound okay for practice, but will sound awful when cranked up for jamming or performing with (I'm not saying this because I'm on a bandwagon. I heard it myself, and with a Boss MT-2 no less). Push for the tubes, but if you must, then get the vypyr.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
look into used and tell your mom to stop giving you suggestions if she is getting a guitar and a bass mixed up.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!