Hi,

This year coming (starting Sept 2010), i have to perform for 12-15 minutes. The set standard is grade six but i can get marked up if i play a grade 7 piece.

However, i have never done any grades (but i know i'm roughly grade 6/7 from looking at grade books). I've looked into the grade books but none of them interest me so i'm looking for suggestions.

I'm looking for popular stuff like chili's, foo fighters etc. but i'm willing to try anything that meets the standard.

thanks.
Quote by p1ttmanEN
Hi,

This year coming (starting Sept 2010), i have to perform for 12-15 minutes. The set standard is grade six but i can get marked up if i play a grade 7 piece.

However, i have never done any grades (but i know i'm roughly grade 6/7 from looking at grade books). I've looked into the grade books but none of them interest me so i'm looking for suggestions.

I'm looking for popular stuff like chili's, foo fighters etc. but i'm willing to try anything that meets the standard.

thanks.

for the love of god mixed in with something else from steve vai's passion and warfare album?

i'm doing music gcse currently and will probably perform something like crazy train (i know its cliche) due to the guitar solo
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I'm doing the same thing next year too. I'm thinking about playing just a bunch of Metallica songs.
Quote by DimebagRob
I'm doing the same thing next year too. I'm thinking about playing just a bunch of Metallica songs.

Try call of ktulu, you'll get marked up for the fingerpicking and it's got a load of chromatics in it.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I just remembered that I also get credit for using weird chords and scales because the examiner assumes you understand them (even if you don't).
Quote by p1ttmanEN
I just remembered that I also get credit for using weird chords and scales because the examiner assumes you understand them (even if you don't).

I'd definitely play something by Vai then, he writes pretty technically.
DON'T play Vai, don't play anything remotely liek that because you WILL mess it up, not massively, but for As and A2 you need to get every note perfect with zero mistakes.

Do a grade 6 or 7 piece from the book.

Quote by DimebagRob

A guy in my class last year wanted to do a metal song for his performance but he wasn't allowed because it wasn't appropriate for the course.

Quote by STONESHAKER
"Cliffs of Dover," by Eric Johnson.

EDIT I just saw that you've been playing 12 months on your profile. Do a grade 6 piece, there is no way you can get a good mark doing anything harder than that.
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jul 16, 2010,