Now, as some of you may be aware, this is a GiO model...but don't be so quick to judge!

Specs:

Body: Basswood
Neck: Maple, 25.5 inch.
Fretboard: 24 Medium, Rosewood, red sharktooth inlays.
Edge III tremolo system
Black hardware
Bought where?: Music Maker, Dublin, Ireland
Marked Price: €359 (thats ~$460 USD)
Extra's?: yes, haggled a bit, got a softcase padded gigbag, 2 sets of ernie balls super slinky, 1 years warrenty, and a handful of jazz picks, all for €350 (which i think is pretty good)

I really love the red on black. Much better than the standard white on black like a lot of other guitars i saw that day.

The tuning heads are the right way up! (i actually despise guitars with tuning heads on the bottom of the headstock, like on many LTD's....it just feels so wrong to me...)

Locking nuts do an excellent job of keeping guitar in tune.

Maple neck was always something i wanted, but a maple fretboard is very twangy, so with this i have the bassier sound of a rosewood, with the playability of a maple.

Here is the strings at the first fret, and lovely snug fit. This guitar has beautiful action the whole way up the fretboard. (althought i'm still adjusting to 24 frets, for so long i was an epiphone child, and was used to it stopping at 22)

Sound: so far i've played this through a 150 watt fender combo, on clean, and with a tube screamer pedal, and the guitar sang a mighty song. I've also played throught a 250 watt marshall amp, turned up the crunch, and had a pretty good sound off that too. Both those amps were in a professional studio. Right now (as i do not have access to my own 100 watt) i'm playing through a small peavy practice amp. It does suffer from the fatal thinness that all ibanez guitars seem to have, although i can live with that. I'll probably swap the pickups at some stage.

Playability: As i've already mentioned, the fretboard is gorgeous. the action is just right! no fret buzz at all! i'm so thrilled with this, as my old epiphone flying v, sometimes buzzed on the bassier strings past the 12th fret. It also plays a lot better than some of the higher end RG models (those at around €800 mark). all in all, i'm mighty chuffed with the playability.

Tremolo: I know theres lots of discussion about the EDGEIII tremolo...So i'll keep it short. Mine's in perfect working order, no problems at all yet.

Pickups: A little to be desired, but for stock pickups they are decent. Will be switched out for something better once my bank account recovers. Middle pickup is a bit weak, expected a lot more out gain response out of it.

Tuning Heads: No need to worry, the locking nuts keep it in tune. From what i have gathered so far, the heads have little to no slippage.

CONS:
-The finish is a MATTE finish (i think thats what you call it) so finger prints show up as big greasy splotches. That doesn't effect playing...merely a cosmetic point of interest.
- Pickups leave a little to be desired.
- too easy to hit the pickup selector when going on a big rhythm binge
- a little scared to change the strings on the tremolo in case i **** it up

tl;dr: great guitar, great playability, decent sound, excellent value.

So this is a guitar which really is proof, good guitars do not always mean big cash.

hope you enjoyed reading it.
Last edited by truedoom at Jul 16, 2010,
thomann as it listed at 295 euro and the uk price £245, i`m not knocking you or the guitar, it`s a good guitar but just trying to make you more aware
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 16, 2010,
U sure about 245 quid? I saw more like 285 which would make his around the list price.

HNGD btw love the colour scheme and glad you like it.
SMILE!
Ouch on the price =\

Though it is a nice looking guitar, kinda looks like the Prestige RGs.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by ibanezgod1973
thomann as it listed at 295 euro and the uk price £245, i`m not knocking you or the guitar, it`s a good guitar but just trying to make you more aware

i checked thomann there, its €311, musicians friend has it at €319, and RRP for these guitars is over €350. not to mention postage (i know thomann does delivery free) not to mention i got to try it before i bought it. and didn't have to wait a few days for delivery. Its a better option in the long run.

now if i was paying big money (becuase in the grand scheme of of guitar purchases, 350 euro is only peanuts) i'd definatly shop around.

I had all this looked up and considered before i bought the guitar

thanks for the concern anyways!

EDIT** It actually costs less in the UK part of Thomann than it does the ROI....thats a tad unfair.... but oh well.
Last edited by truedoom at Jul 16, 2010,
I love those inlays.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
my favorite color combination!

HNFGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
hngd!

whats the point of a RG350 when the Gio looks exactly like it? @_@

at the price you paid, its like a mislabled RG350 instead of a GiO.

nice colors though...my dream guitar would involve that color(it looks orange-y to me...) ibanez's road flare color is freaking AWESOME
I'm not a fan of the way RGs feel, but if you like the feel all's good, and the sound's great even on Gios IMO. And...I'm not one for all black and red but that actually looks nice(AND IT HAS A PICKGUARD. =D). HNGD!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I'm going to get this guitar very soon and thinking about the pups I was wondering whether EMG's would fit nicely in there (81=bridge S=middle 60=neck (I play mostly thrash metal or Malmsteen type peices))
Those inlays are killer.
HNGD!!!!
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Koopagamelouda
I'm going to get this guitar very soon and thinking about the pups I was wondering whether EMG's would fit nicely in there (81=bridge S=middle 60=neck (I play mostly thrash metal or Malmsteen type peices))

You'd have to get it routed for active pickups since Gios come with passives, but it should fit there. Iunno how well EMGs'd work for Yngwie though. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.