Hello. I've been looking for a new guitar. Found an used LTD Viper 400 for 600$, and he said that it cost 1150$ brand new. He is linking to a store that actually sells them for 1150$. So I think this is a great offer!

I surfed in on Thomann and saw that there was this brand new LTD Viper 401 for around 600$!

So there is a used Viper 400 for 600$, and there is a brand new Viper 401 for also 600$!

Is the Viper 400 better than the 401? Is the 401 better than the 400?

Hope you all get my point!

Hint: The actual price is in SEK (swedish value), and was transformed into dollar
Or you can link the seller the thomann site and make him think again about his pricing..?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by britishsligean
just get a new 401, the 400 is basically the same as the 401 but older

Ahh thanks, thats what i wanted to hear. Dont really know what to do now, thought it was a super-price.

But isnt the 400 made in Korea and the 401 in China?
Quote by Naikon
Ahh thanks, thats what i wanted to hear. Dont really know what to do now, thought it was a super-price.

But isnt the 400 made in Korea and the 401 in China?

i think they're both indonesian made, i don't think esp have a factory in china or korea
The 400 was made in Korea, 401 is Indonesian. They don't make either any more, its called a Viper 351 now
Top lel.
Quote by britishsligean
i think they're both indonesian made, i don't think esp have a factory in china or korea
I know they have one in Korea, because both my LTD's were made there.
Quote by Pat_s1t
I know they have one in Korea, because both my LTD's were made there.

The 1000+'s and the early 401's were made in South Korea.

After that, everything is made in Indonesia, I believe. The 401's are still a rip off compared to the 1000's, regardless.
Some of the new LTDs are made in China. I've no idea if ESP have a dedicated factory there, but they've certainly got guitars being built there by someone anyhoo.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by britishsligean

lol, they have factories (or at least models being produced) in China and Korea.

TS, if they're both the same price, I'd go for the older one. It seems that as time goes on, production quality gets worse and worse.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i'd talk the guy down on the Viper 400 from $600 to $400 or so. I'd rather get a brand new guitar and not have to worry about anything that might be wrong with the one he's selling. Although the quality on the 400 is going to be a bit better than the 401 (assuming the 400 is korean made, which i believe it is).

the link that he's giving you that is $1150 is just crap, the Viper 400 NEW back when it was being produced by ESP/LTD was around $600ish. So that website is a ripoff. Not to mention that you can get a NEW (right now) Viper 1000 (Korean Made) for $750, so $1150 should not be used by the seller in good faith for the 400 or even a 1000 because neither is worth $1150. In other words $600 for a used viper 400 is a rip off. If he'll go down to 400 then you're getting a deal, $500 MAYBE if its in good condition.