HAPPY NEW GUITAR & GEAR DAY FOR ME!!!

Actually, I've had the amp for a couple of weeks and the guitar for about a week but I've just come around to posting it.

Guitar:

- 2004 Electron Blue MIM FSR Stratocaster. Bought it used off Harmony Central, but this thing is in mint condition, the previous owner really took care of it.

This is my second electric, my first one was a crappy Ibanez Gio that my dad got for me as a christmas present a couple of years ago. This guitar just blows it out of the water. The pickups sound way better, the neck feels fast and smooth, the body feels great as well. I'm still a beginner at this so I didn't want to break the bank and I think that this was one of the best options.

The guitar comes in an "Electron Blue" darkish metallic blue color. The pics don't really make it justice. It's a really beautiful color. This guitar was actually part of a run of 250 guitars; 125 in blue and 125 in some shade of grey. So it's a pretty rare color for a left handed stratocaster.

Amp:

- Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera II pedal. I was looking for a room practice amp but something louder than a 15w solidstate, something that won't get drown out by drums. I think the peavey is the best choice in the price range. I have fun everytime I play with it, exploring all the tonal capabilities and effects. The sound of the amp is really great, better than I expected but the really best thing about this amp is it's versatility. You will get bored just experimenting with all the knobs. The Sanpera just adds more memory banks, stompboxes, a volume and wah pedal and just makes it all easier to work with. It isn't exactly "cheap" for a beginner setup though, it costs about 150 euros around 170-180 in the states I guess. If you don't wanna spend that money, I guess you could always go with it's little brother wich costs 75 euros or 100 bucks.

I hope you've enjoyed the thread, this guitar is awesome, I'm sure it will help me improve my playing and I think this is the perfect beginner setup. As for upgrades to the guitar, I've though of some that I will throw at it along the way:

- Red/Silver/Blue Lace Sensor Pickups: I play a lot of alternative/hard rock. Siamese Dream is one of my favourite albums from the 90s and this is the setup that Corgan used during that time. Now I know that I'm not gonna get that tone from my vypyr, even if I had a JCM and a suitcase full of vintage fuzz it wouldn't sound the same since they overdubbed alot of the guitars but still, I'd like to get these pickups.

- Black Schaller Mini locking tuners: I'm not sure if these fit the strat without drilling any holes. Can anyone help me here?

- All black hardware except for the bridge.

It would look something like this: (except the sensors would be black as well)

I hope you like the guitar guys! Please comment!
^what`s that got to do with anything, yes he might pay a bit extra for some guitars but some of the best players that have ever graced this green and blue rock are lefties.

HNGD
Thanks for replies everyone, it's not the greatest rig in the world but I don't need the greatest rig, I have been seriously learning guitar for about 8 months now so it's not like I need a 1000$ valve amp or something. I think it's pretty decent for a starter rig and it should last me years (except for a serious case of GAS!).
This is your starter rig?

Hot damn you must be one happy son of a bitch right now.

HNGD

It makes be a bit jealous to see all the people who have it way better than I had it starting out...

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Wicked starter rig mate,

looks like a really solid base to start from especially as thats ideal for small gigs and jams too

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Offworld92
This is your starter rig?

Hot damn you must be one happy son of a bitch right now.

HNGD

It makes be a bit jealous to see all the people who have it way better than I had it starting out...

Haha, well it's not my FIRST RIG. As I said in the post, this is my second guitar, and my second amp for that matter. My first rig was a shitty Ibanez Gio paired up with a shitty Fender Frontman 15w. I got these about 4 or 5 years ago but never did much with it and kinda forgot about them. Then about 8 months ago, I got kinda hooked, started really learning chords and full songs.

So it isn't really my starter rig but it's more of a let's serious starter rig. I couldn't be happier with it, it satisfies all my needs! I'm glad you guys like the guitar, you really have to see it in person to apreciate the color though!
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NGGD I like the blue a lot and your modded pic looks nice to I love black and blue combos.

By the way where does everyone and you yourself do these pictures to see what your guitar would look like modded or design your own? I want to play with that program so bad please tell.

http://www.yajimastringworks.com/tct/yswtct-kisekae-e.asp

There you go sir!
gotta love strats.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by brunorod
Haha, well it's not my FIRST RIG. As I said in the post, this is my second guitar, and my second amp for that matter. My first rig was a shitty Ibanez Gio paired up with a shitty Fender Frontman 15w. I got these about 4 or 5 years ago but never did much with it and kinda forgot about them. Then about 8 months ago, I got kinda hooked, started really learning chords and full songs.

So it isn't really my starter rig but it's more of a let's serious starter rig. I couldn't be happier with it, it satisfies all my needs! I'm glad you guys like the guitar, you really have to see it in person to apreciate the color though!

Even that is a hell of a lot better than mine was. You don't even know,
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
HNGD, man! Looks sweet!

(Also, was I the only one going "Waitaminute, somethings wrong with that guitar" before realizing it's just a lefty-guitar?)
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
looks very nice! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay