Hi guys,

I just came back from GC and only had time to try out only two overdrive pedals, but ive tried others and decided I might buy the Hardwire CM-2 OD.

What do you guys think of it? I really liked it, thought it was great.

Thanks
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've yet to try it, but from the demos I have heard it sounds great for GC's price. Seems sturdy too.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by baf250
I've yet to try it, but from the demos I have heard it sounds great for GC's price. Seems sturdy too.

Well I found one for 63 bucks...and yeah, seemed like it was built like a tank.

Plus, it comes with a rebate for a free 70 dollar chromatic tuner haha
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 16, 2010,
I have a Hardwire DL8, those pedals are sturdier than BOSS. If you manage to break it you should get a medal or something.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
I have a Hardwire DL8, those pedals are sturdier than BOSS. If you manage to break it you should get a medal or something.

How is it tonewise?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Tonewise. How do I put this? The pedal is very diverse. Slight breakup to a fair bit of grit, you can set it up to be a clean boost, a treble boost, a bass boost, an overdrive etc. However what I've noticed with this pedal is that it had a very "square" sound. If that makes any sense. I really liked it when I first tried it, but the more and more I played it the more I found that it wasn't completely what I wanted. I still keep it and run it through my bass because it gives me a good 70's keyboard sound. Think "Trampled Underfoot" or the keyboard/organ from "Smoke on the Water", a live version mind you.

With the four knobs, Volume, Low, High, Drive/Gain ( I can't remember what it is called), you can certainly craft many tones out of it.

All in all, it's a good pedal, very durable, very diverse if you can use every knob to it's capacity. I eventually decided to replace it on my pedal board with a Fulltone OCD, a pedal that suits my needs much better than the CM-2
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by diceksox1809
Well I found one for 63 bucks...and yeah, seemed like it was built like a tank.

Plus, it comes with a rebate for a free 70 dollar chromatic tuner haha

That rebate is only if you buy two Hardwires.

It seems like a great value for the cash. I think next time I place an order I'll be purchasing one rather than spending double on a fulltone. I heading to the shop tomorrow though so that will be the true test.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Quote by diceksox1809
How is it tonewise?

It's amazing, it's the best digital delay you can get in it's price range. And even counting in all price ranges it's still bloody great. It also does great tape and analog simulation+modulation delay and reverse.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by Gord@k
It's amazing, it's the best digital delay you can get in it's price range. And even counting in all price ranges it's still bloody great. It also does great tape and analog simulation+modulation reverb and reverse.

The only issue I have with the DL8 is what it takes to access the tap tempo... It's not practical for stage use at all. Besides that, its awesome for its price!
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Buy the SC-2 valve distortion, I thought it sounded better than the other. The SC-2 has better bass response if you are not after muddy and it has a switch to give it more gain or less. It sounds very close to my modded plexi head
Bumping this, before I buy one in 3 days.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!