i've come down to either this head with matching cabs or the acoustic head and cabs. but i was wondering whats your opinion on this head? 300 bucks for 300 watts. doesn't seem bad to me. my buddy used one for his band and used the ampeg 8x10 cab and it was an amazing tone. what are you thoughts?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
The backlines are not really good know that from trying them in stores,tone wise they are pretty naff theres much better bang for buck in the price range.Acoustic's aint available in the uk but i can say i've heard a lot of good stories bout them being good amps.

But if your going GK keep your pennies a little longer and get an RB they are much better in the sense of overall sound and quality.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
In that same pricerange I can't hesitate to recommend the Behringer Ultrabass BX4500H for right around 200 clams

You can also save some money if you look at some used cabs, I was able to pick up an SWR Triad 1 for right around 350.
are you sayin the backline eqates to the ultrabass?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by drugfreeboy
are you sayin the backline eqates to the ultrabass?

Actually, the only berhringer I ever played was that model, and while the mid range was a tad bit sterile, it was an all around good amp. The owner had been using it a few times a week at high volume for about 4 years with no trouble

Not sayin the company for the most part doesnt suck, but just passin on my bit of wisdom to TS
Quote by Razgriz_101
The backlines are not really good know that from trying them in stores,tone wise they are pretty naff theres much better bang for buck in the price range.Acoustic's aint available in the uk but i can say i've heard a lot of good stories bout them being good amps.

But if your going GK keep your pennies a little longer and get an RB they are much better in the sense of overall sound and quality.

Im going to have to agree with him. I played a backline once and it was okay, just okay. You could do better in your price range, however if you don't buy it, you won't be at a complete loss, it's not like they are terrible. However like this guy said, the RB series is very good and you might want to save for one of those. I play through one with my band and it kicks ass.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I own a Backline series amp. Do not buy one. Period.

You can do much better tonally in that price range. My backline has a nasty clipping problem and the gain is finicky to say the least. And the tones OK, merely OK.
if the head is rated at 4 ohms and the cab is 8 ohms is that gonna f with anything?
Get a used GK400rb. You can find one used for super cheap. I got mine for $80.

It's 'technically' less watts than the legendary 800rb, but it's pretty much about the same loudness. I bought my 400rb as a tour-replacement to my 800rb. But actually i'm liking and using the 400rb WAY more. Since it IS a few less watts, i can push it harder and get that famous 'GK growl' at a lower volume.

I tried a Backline600 once. Nothing like the RB series.

Get a 400rb or even an 800rb (i've found them for ~$200 used, but that's pretty rare).
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
For a first venture into the world of stacks, I think a Backline 600 will serve you very well. However, you're probably best off just going to the store and checking it out for yourself.
i have checked it out. my friend used one in his band and it sounded really good. i was just wondering what the people on here thought. this isn't my first venture into stacks...just check out my sig and i picked up the 115 cab yesterday ($130)and the head today($280). and it is amazing! can't wait to pick up the 410 cab this weekend($250). i'm diggin the tone i can get from it. and later when i have a slight bit more money i might make an upgrade in the world of GK!
If you're happy with what you have now, why not save up instead of getting more budget gear?
Quote by Zycho
If you're happy with what you have now, why not save up instead of getting more budget gear?

huh?
been fiddling round with this for the last couple days and its mighty good. not as good as their top o' the line stuff, but its getting the job done.