I've been playing for about 6 months now and I can play most of the music i want to, but I can never play most of the solos because i can't sweep or play really fast. (Shredding?) What are some good exercises or scales that I can use to practice building up my precision
good exercises or scales to use would be whatever songs you are trying to play.

take the licks that are giving you problems, use a metronome, and play them slow.
click it up a notch after you can play it perfectly a few times at each speed
Flight of the bumblebee
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
Flight of the bumblebee

Quote by slayerfrk
naw thats to easy, moonlight sonata 3rd movement is better.

Come on, he's been playing 6 months and doesn't have a hope of accurately playing either of those right now.

TS, the exercises thread and metronome is your best bet.
Anything can be a "shredding exercise" in the right context. The most crucial element in how you go about practicing it is practicing slowly with utmost control.

Take the solos you are having trouble with. Slow them down... and practice. You don't have to practice some "unknown exercise A-37" in order to be able to play the solo you want to play. However, in order to play the solo you want to be able to play, you need to play that solo
Quote by ApeWeevil
Come on, he's been playing 6 months and doesn't have a hope of accurately playing either of those right now.

TS, the exercises thread and metronome is your best bet.

Flight of The Bumblebee is a pretty good chromatic exercise though