Okay so I've been playing the acoustic for a little over a year now and decided I also want to play electric too. I'll admit I don't know jack about electric guitars and the amp settings, but I don't want to go buying a cheap electric and amp only to have to upgrade later on. I'm willing to drop up to $1,000 combined (if need be, preferably not) for a solid amp and electric. The type of music I'm looking to play is blues (if it helps, I do like listening to John Mayer's bluesy songs) so with this forum's infinite knowledge, any suggestions?
Last edited by Fingolfin215 at Jul 16, 2010,
Maybe a Mexican Fender Stratocaster and then use the rest of your money for a decent amp.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 16, 2010,
Made in mexico fender strat and a fender blues jr amp should do you some good. might go a bit over a thousand unless you can find a good deal or buy used.
Like people are saying, a Made in Mexico Strat, and maybe something like a Vox VT15. Good beginners setup.

Although, I would buy used incase you don't like playing after a few months. You won't loose much resale value if you sell used but a lot more if you sell after buying new.

Just search your local craigslist, or even the Guitar Center online used outlet. They have some really good deals on there.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
So I was researching online on the MIM and I see a lot of people saying that the pickups should be upgraded. Should I be worried about this when I do get the guitar? I really don't have the luxury of a guitar shop in the area I live really so (as much as I would like) I can't exactly play it and find if it sounds good to me
Fender MiM Fender or Telecaster and a Fender Blues Junior. Or maybe an Orange Tiny Terror.

And I wouldn't have thought you would need to change the pickups in a MiM Strat, I thought they had the same pups as the American strats?
I dunno, I was googling online between the MIM and MIA strats and read up on it that the pickups should be changed for the MIM. On a side note, if I were to get a MIM, should I get the HSS or SSS?
Quote by Fingolfin215
If I were to get a MIM, should I get the HSS or SSS?

your preference. With the five way selector, it really doesn't matter.