Ok, so, hi.

I've been trying to search for the tuning In Flames use. I've mainly searched for the bass-tuning, so that's what I eventually is going to ask for.
I've tried to search this forum, as well as several sites google directed me too.
What do I find? Almost every site says something different.
I did check out the "tuning thread", but I found it hard to understand, and as almost everything else: It doesn't give an answer that's the same as any other I've found.
I've downloaded a few tabs from UG, and even those disagree on the tunings.
For example:
Abnegation (ver_2): gives me a tuning that says A#1, F2, A#2, D#3, G3
Which I take, is half a step up, then the B-string is dropped...
Take This Life (ver_7): F1, A#1, D#2, G#2, C#3
Which is 3 steps down, if I'm not wrong...
The mirrors Truth (album) is tabbed with a 4-string bass standard C, dropped A#....

I know that they probably have used different tunings for different albums, but is the difference this huge?
If someone could link me to a site giving me a good answer, or give a full answer in this thread, I would appreciate it.
Equipment:
Ibanez GSR 205
Ibanez SWX35
Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed

I also own a Cruiser bass... Even though I don't know the model.
Anything after Reroute to Remain is in Drop A#, which is Drop D two whole steps down. Reroute to Remain and anything before that is just tuned to C Standard, which is standard tuning two whole steps down.
Yeah, def your first problem is listening to any of the albums that aren't in C standard :P

the post above me is correct in the information you want.
Quote by aCloudConnected
Anything after Reroute to Remain is in Drop A#, which is Drop D two whole steps down. Reroute to Remain and anything before that is just tuned to C Standard, which is standard tuning two whole steps down.

Seeing as I'm quite the noob with tunings, could you list the strings from B-string -> G-string?

Thanks for the answer.
Equipment:
Ibanez GSR 205
Ibanez SWX35
Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed

C Standard on the albums worth playing songs from.

EDIT: ^C-F-A♯-D♯-G-C and A# F A# D# G# C
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by JagerSlushy
C Standard on the albums worth playing songs from.

EDIT: ^C-F-A♯-D♯-G-C and A# F A# D# G# C

So they tune the bass half a step UP and then drop the B-string?
Equipment:
Ibanez GSR 205
Ibanez SWX35
Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed

I'm pretty sure he drops all the strings down two whole steps, meaning it would be C standard with a low G string since he uses a 5 string.

If you have a 4 string just tune to C standard.

edit: Okay, so I checked the Ibanez website and his signature bass is Eb Bb F C Bb. (or D# A# F C A#) from high to low. So yes, B string down a half step and the rest up a half I guess.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jul 16, 2010,
In Flame's is the new BTBAM (popularity-wise). I don't know how much more I can take
oh and *reported*
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Quote by fumb duck
In Flame's is the new BTBAM (popularity-wise). I don't know how much more I can take
oh and *reported*

wat
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?