well i have plank of mdf thats around pedalboard size but would it be worth my while turning it into a pedalboard?
Well I wouldn't need for three pedals..But you might get a few pedals more (depends what you need). Then you might end up needing one. I would use a pedalboard if I had like 5+ pedals.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Not really man, you can if you want but the point of a pedal board is just to make transport easyeir and keep everything together. you can do what i did, i have 4 stompboxes, a swell and my channel selection pedal, i just made a pedal board and im slowly adding to it. its really up to you
Since you got the wood already, you might as well go ahead and make one. All you really need is some velcro and spray paint if you want. I think it just makes everything more neat and organized if the pedals are on a board instead of the floor.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Since you got the wood already, you might as well go ahead and make one. All you really need is some velcro and spray paint if you want. I think it just makes everything more neat and organized if the pedals are on a board instead of the floor.

My God Brian! You read my mind! i wanted to spray paint it with flourescent paint and put a single sheet of velcro, with the same area of the wood, on the face of the pb and then put velcro on the bottom of the pedals
Man, that's all my pedalboard is. Some scrap wood that I had left over from other projects, painted black with velcro on it. I power the pedals with a 1Spot power supply.

I say go for it. It's your board and when you build it yourself, you can do whatever you want and make something that suits your needs and wants. Anything goes.
i use the bottom of a cart i made for my amp. all i have on it is a delay a boost and a multieffects.... hey it works. transport is alot easier. n for the velcro all u gotta do is put a few horizontal strips down and then run the velcro perpendicular on the bottom of the pedals

and it has room for a setlist on one side.
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Jul 16, 2010,
About finding velcro - any specific brands? I had some velcro lying around that was actually incredibly strong, which was unfortunately more than I can say for the adhesive on the back of the strips. I routinely tried to detach my pedals only for the velcro strips to stay on the board. Help!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Depends on how many pedals you have. I personally will build one once I get like 3 pedals. The reason is I wanna build a power supply aswell, with regulated outputs for each pedal.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.