got my package yesterday and ive spent all day finishing the body, the neck feels great but i cant tell if i love or hate how it looks, the body was beautiful 1 piece swamp ash, anyways should i keep this neck or go for a normal looking one? opinions please

Keep it if it sounds good, but that looks sick!
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
i like it bro.

i like the dark neck and it makes it look alot more unique
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Needs moar pearloid!

Sweet looking body though, although the completely white and new looking 'guard doesn't suit the aged vintage pickups.

I'd pop a pearloid scratchplate and also bright white knobs and bobbins.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
+1 to the pearloid pickguard!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
it's ugly as sin.

i'll help you out, send me that neck NAO!

j/k you're a troll for even asking and you know it.

congrats, that's a beautiful strat. black pickguard get's my vote.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Slick... +1 for a black pickguard
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
its hard to tell from the pics but that pickguard is aged/rough, i have a black pickguard also ill try on and post some pics
Quote by Chrisiphone
Needs moar pearloid!

Sweet looking body though, although the completely white and new looking 'guard doesn't suit the aged vintage pickups.

I'd pop a pearloid scratchplate and also bright white knobs and bobbins.

+1
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
**** me that grain is nice
And yeah the neck looks nice on it, HNGD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Either get a black pick guard or get one that looks more aged.
Maybe it's the lighting you used in the picture, but that pick guard doesn't look right on that guitar IMO.
Also you're a troll and you know it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
haha noo i really am undecided on the neck, it is starting to grow on me more and more though
also im undecided on what bridge i should get, i was gonna get callaham but christ its expensive
Quote by baker2g
also im undecided on what bridge i should get, i was gonna get callaham but christ its expensive

unless you are going for a vintage look...

consider putting prs trem on it. it's a drop in replacement for a 6 point strat bridge. it's not cheap though, good stuff never is.

also, i have a birdseye maple tele neck from warmoth i will gladly pack and ship to you for that rosey.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
im going for kind of a vintage modern look if that makes sense lol
Quote by Silent_Crow13
To be honest, I'd kill to have a guitar like that.

it wasnt toooo expensive, its cost about 650 so far and i still need a bridge, so assuming i spend 100 on that itll be about 750 total, way less than an american strat and probably 10x better if you went a cheaper route with pickups and bridge ect you could have something close for about the price of a mexican strat, its all in how you finish the body, im no expect btw this is only my second finishing job on a guitar, but ive read up a lot on it.
are u gonna be putting a finish on it cause it looks alot like my faded Gibby SG in that department. And w/o a finish it gets dented so damn easy. To give you an idea, if im not looking when i plug the cord into the input and i miss and hit the wood, BOOM there's a dent. Its that easy. so be cautious if you dont put the finish on
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
are u gonna be putting a finish on it cause it looks alot like my faded Gibby SG in that department. And w/o a finish it gets dented so damn easy. To give you an idea, if im not looking when i plug the cord into the input and i miss and hit the wood, BOOM there's a dent. Its that easy. so be cautious if you dont put the finish on

i put a light shot of nitro on it, to be honest i like the wear marks that come with time
Warmoth makes such nice looking guitars. The Strat I had was beautiful.

Is too bad I can never get along with the sound of them
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com