I no its a dum question but wat r some good metal guitar lesson dvds that like give u good practice routines, exercises, skills, scales and etc. I dont have cash for real lessons btw.
i dont have internet tho, im at some1s house and im just gonna dl it
Doug Mark's Metal Method comes to mind. There's also Metal Riffology.

Marty Friedman's Melodic control(it's on youtube).

There's much more, but that's the ones I've seen.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

ive heard of Doug Marks, Ill check it out on reveiws. Does any1 no anything about MABs speed kills? is it only super advanced or is it for every1
Young Guitar Syu: 100% Book

It's in Japanese, but he doesn't talk after the intro, during the exercises and the camera closes in on his fretting hand and picking hand separately so you can see what he's doing and how.
Quote by siverstorm
Young Guitar Syu: 100% Book

It's in Japanese, but he doesn't talk after the intro, during the exercises and the camera closes in on his fretting hand and picking hand separately so you can see what he's doing and how.

Syu effing rocks
im not quite up to like sweep and advanced stuff, im more intermidiate, ive been playing for like 2 years.
Quote by blooddrunk
Syu effing rocks

Syu is one of my faves

The Syu videos have a lot of shred stuff, but if you dig really deep (or find the actual DVD) you can get his rhythm lessons
Last edited by siverstorm at Jul 16, 2010,
Why bother paying money for a DVD when there are millions of instructional videos on Youtube. Just type in the song you are interested in learning with the words "How to Play" before it and instantly there are hundreds of videos that show you how to play it. Some even have on screen tablature.

Stick with the internet.

ron666
Quote by ron666
Why bother paying money for a DVD when there are millions of instructional videos on Youtube. Just type in the song you are interested in learning with the words "How to Play" before it and instantly there are hundreds of videos that show you how to play it. Some even have on screen tablature.

Stick with the internet.

ron666

He doesn't have internet, he's at someones house.
He's just going to download it anyways.

Some people also prefer not having to sit in front of a computer to learn.

When I was learning to play bass the Rock House Method dvds helped me. Never tried the guitar ones but the bass ones I have were really good.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
google lick library........and downloading stuff is illegal, it`s piracy and theft, if caught they`ll confiscate your friend`s pc and hit them hard with fines or a custodial sentence and probably bar him from being near a comp.