Poll: How well do you play off embarassing situations?
Poll Options
View poll results: How well do you play off embarassing situations?
Really well. I'm ****ing awesome.
25 12%
It depends on the situation, but usually well.
94 46%
It depends, but usually not so well.
51 25%
Badly/not at all.
20 10%
Joke option.
16 8%
Voters: 206.
Page 1 of 2
Some people just have that ability to turn an embarassing situation into something amusing. Everyone laughs, and then they move on and forget about it. Some people even play it off so well that it seems that they're never embarassed by anything.

Others, like myself, don't know what to do in such situations, and sometimes end up being haunted by memories of those moments for a long time.

What about you, Pit?

Poll up shortly.
You need to say something witty and funny,or make something else the centre of attention.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You need to say something witty and funny,or make something else the centre of attention.

Yeah, but they'll be all like, "Stop trying to draw the attention away from the fact that you sucked off a horse" or something.

Not that I've sucked off any horses recently.

Quote by sashki
Yeah, but they'll be all like, "Stop trying to draw the attention away from the fact that you sucked off a horse" or something.

Then you ignore what they say and continue bringing up other stuff.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Very badly. Although I think of some fucking zingers several weeks later, and mouth them in front of the mirror to try and stave off the endless cringing.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It's pretty easy when you don't give a fuck and can just laugh it off.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
If it's something like:
"yea, one time I jacked off my dog and ate his cum"
"*awkward silence*",
Then I just say something like: "yea, I'm protein deficient", or "haven't you ever done that?", or "it's a delicacy in Asia".
Just crack a joke, even a bad one, and people will remember the bad joke, not the embarassing moment. Just pretend to be confident, and people will think you are. If you don't act like it's embarassing, it's not.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by sashki
Some people just have that ability to turn an embarassing situation into something amusing. Everyone laughs, and then they move on and forget about it. Some people even play it off so well that it seems that they're never embarassed by anything.

Others, like myself, don't know what to do in such situations, and sometimes end up being haunted by memories of those moments for a long time.

What about you, Pit?

Poll up shortly.

It's because you make a big deal out of it instead of realizing that everyone screws up and looks dumb sometimes. The reason people are able to laugh about it and move on, and the reason that the others around them are able to do the same, is because they realize it's part of life and let it go.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I play them off like a mad pimp...
that's how gangstas roll G
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I fart so everyone laughs.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by sashki

You sucked off a horse?
Not so well.

They never happen so I don't have experience.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Like this.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by diofan88
I play them off like a mad pimp...
that's how gangstas roll G

I'm even more gangster that i don't get in embarassing situations
Quote by Got Guitar?
It's pretty easy when you don't give a fuck and can just laugh it off.

Word.

I'm drunk all the time, so I pretty much just ignore it.
well i enjoy laughing at myself sometimes
the other day (im taking a class to learn chinese) and the teacher was explaining how in chinese the idea and the word "when" does not exsist. he went on to write an example on the board : Yesterday, i went to the store
I raised my hand so matter-of-factly and said "But isnt WENT and form of WHEN?"
he looked at me like i was a complete idiot and said "no its a form of GO"
everyone laughed
coulda been worse....
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Not as fun when you put "joke option."

But anyway I usually just start laughing. Works every time
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by whalepudding
Very badly. Although I think of some fucking zingers several weeks later, and mouth them in front of the mirror to try and stave off the endless cringing.

This lol.

I rehearse a good response for future similar situations only to fail miserably like I always do.
I don't have much shame, so it's pretty easy for me to play things off.

The one thing I have not been able to come up with a solution for is accidentally farting in front of my girlfriend. It's not like anyone else is there to crack a joke or take the spotlight (shitlight.) off of me. It's probably my least favorite situation ever.
Its called not giving a shit. It always makes you look cool. Well you have to know when to use it.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
It really depends, sometimes its just too much. But most of the time I get angry and scare people into shutting up
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I can deal with it fine in the situation, and play it off like I'm not all that bothered. I relive those moments like hell later on though. It takes only a few seconds to have my brain throw dozens of past 'awkward' moments at me, which often results in a loss of sleep. Which funnily probably leads me to be slightly tired during social interactions, causing further embarassment.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I have no issue playing off embarassing isssues, because I'm rarely embarassed by the things I do. For example, everyone and his brother knows that I had an erection in a bed which also contained two other guys. Do I care? not particularly. I laughed when Steve yelled "BONER!!!" and dove out of the bed, and that whole floor of the hotel heard.
Pretty well most of the time.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by Cameronrobson
Wheres the option for repress the memory of them?

I'm a tumor I'm a tumor I'm a tumor...

Oh I'm a tumor.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I'm a ****ing expert at playing off embarrassing situations, so much so that I don't even realize that a situation could've been embarrassing until after I've already resolved it.

Most of the time, anyways...
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I don't have much shame, so it's pretty easy for me to play things off.

The one thing I have not been able to come up with a solution for is accidentally farting in front of my girlfriend. It's not like anyone else is there to crack a joke or take the spotlight (shitlight.) off of me. It's probably my least favorite situation ever.

That sucks man I do it all the time in front of my lady but she doesnt care lol
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Pretty well. I'm pretty used to it

Mas 182 is right, that's basically what I do.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jul 16, 2010,
Well, a few few years ago, I can remember I was with my parents and few of my friends and their parents having dinner at some shitty restaurant. My mother was commenting out loud how I was the only one of my brothers that was not a pretentious mother ****er, resuming all that into he "doesn't bark" and treating me like a 5 year old. Everyone was silent. I was embarassed that the only thing I could so was bark. And I "barked" as if I were a dog. Everyone laughed and soon the event was forgotten.

That was 8 years ago, and I have never got away from a situation like that ever since. It's just a reminder on how much I fail at life. Oh, me!
i came early once and started crying and apologizing

so, "Really well. I'm ****ing awesome"
Page 1 of 2