hi, i just bought a Schecter omen 6, but i was thinking about doing some custom painting, but im not very good designing, so i was wondering if you guys could help me a little.

I would like my guitar to be kind of personal, so if this can help I'm rlly into Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold right now, also my fav. colors are pink and black (but im a men)

I hope u guys can help me a bit, tnx
Well, you could make stencils out of newspaper or something then just spraypaint a design in that way. Or for stripes, wrap the guitar in paint and tape away. But if it's a bolt on, don't forget to take the neck off before you paint so you don't paint up the neck(I don't think you could with the other kinds of necks without some serious messing around), and cover your hardware. =P And...you should make, like...a pink tomato. With devil horns. And, like, red drool coming out of its mouth. And fangs. And possessed-looking eyes.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Congrats on the guitar!! and just a bit of advice, maybe you should try buying a cheapo guitar (or try a piece of paper?) to test your paint and design skills on it if it's your first time painting a guitar. My cousin tried to design a thunderbird on his strat without practicing the design alot and it looks like a piece of poop with wings on it
think of it as permanent, as its such a bitch to do, dont do pink and black as its a faggy emo colour configuration and you will be mocked if you play any gigs, your best bet is to get more specific ideas
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
dont do pink and black as its a faggy emo colour configuration

I think that's what he's going for...XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
You're going to want (even need) to strip the guitar's current finish, then prime it again, do your design and clear coat it. Given that you are apparently new to refinishing guitars, I would not advise you try this yourself - it's very hard to refinish a whole guitar, especially if you're trying to do specific designs. Some car repair and respray shops will also work on your guitar if you ask nicely, or search your local listings for a lutheir in your area who can refinish your guitar for you.

Quote by ChazBcWarlock
dont do pink and black as its a faggy emo colour configuration and you will be mocked if you play any gigs
Don't say "faggy emo" as they're the words of a bigoted twat and you will be mocked and outcast from any reasonable social circle.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by Enix165
I think that's what he's going for...XD

Look at synyster gates. He's got a black and red guitar... and a gold and white, and a white and red and a black and silver.

What's emo about those?

Everything.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Look at synyster gates. He's got a black and red guitar... and a gold and white, and a white and red and a black and silver.

What's emo about those?

Everything.

Waaaait, gold and white's emo? That's what the Pope wears. So the Pope is emo? D=
Quote by SlayingDragons
not really a bigoted twat, its just true,

black and white, red and black, pink and black stripes, all emo configurations on a guitar and looks tacky and shit
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

What's emo about those?

Everything.

Emotional? Yes colors can be very emotional. YEAHHHH .......
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
not really a bigoted twat, its just true,

black and white, red and black, pink and black stripes, all emo configurations on a guitar and looks tacky and shit

But one man's fugly guitar is one man's sexy guitar. For example, I wouldn't be caught dead playing a Superstrat or anything with a black satin finish(unfortunately, 90-95% of metal guitars today have these), but many people love those, and I love cherryburst Dean MLs but I'm sure some people wouldn't be caught dead with them either. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by Enix165
Waaaait, gold and white's emo? That's what the Pope wears. So the Pope is emo? D=

Only when you're Synyster Gates and the guitar is white with gold pimp-stripes.

I have much more respect for the Pope, and I'm Atheist.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
dont do pink and black as its a faggy emo colour configuration and you will be mocked if you play any gigs

I dont think so, Alexi Laiho uses a pink and black guitar

ok guys, tnx for the help, if u got any specific ideas about the design I'll be thankful
his isnt striped across the whole guitar and is quite subtle as it uses the colour to compliment the 'line' of the guitar
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by Enix165

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.