Hello, I am a guitarist an a heavy metal band and I am currently preparing to purchase a Peavey 6505 1x12 60w combo amp. However, I have the other guitarist in my band uses a peavey 212 transtube. I believe it is a 100w but I dont know for sure. The other guitarist really likes to crank up the volume and I have concerns I will not be able to be heard because his has 2 speakers and 40 more watts of power. Will the 6505 be able to keep up?
A 60w tube amp is going to be easily capable of reaching the volume levels you need man don't worry. If you're friend plays SO loud that he drowns you out then he is probably a shitty team member so you need to talk to him about it. otherwise don't worry about the higher wattage etc a peavey 6505 combo is going to be plenty loud to play gigs.
Sweet sounds good to me. I was just making sure before I bought the thing. Ive gotten to play it in a store but I wasnt able to turn it up too loud or anything so I wasnt able to compare the volume. Thanks for the help.
The 6505 cuts through a mix like a hot knife through butter. Don't worry about it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The 6505 cuts through a mix like a hot knife through butter. Don't worry about it.

Agreed! Mine goes up against a Mesa Triple Recto that my other guitarist uses and I am always fine in the mix, and he loves to turn his volume up to ungodly levels. I know mine is 100w but there's no reason the 60w wouldn't be fine against a 100w transtube.