Ok so I found this: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/1838303352.html

looks pretty cool and I have always wanted a Jem. There are a few nicks and dings on the body, but i dont care about that. I am offering an ESP M-II, Marshall JCM 900 4500, BBE Sonic Stomp, and 300 bucks. He will take my deal, but there is one problem. The guitar has a slight crack on the back of the locking nut. The crack is apparently "1/4 inch long right at bolts for locking nut, just surface, not from damage. Doesn't affect anything. Owned this guitar for years and it has never gotten bigger." Does this sound like a problem or something I will regret later on?
They're pretty rare (and sexy) and cracks behind the nut on Ibanez are pretty common, but they're almost never just surface cracks, it'll probably need to be repaired later on. Its not hard to fix, but I'd try to talk him down a bit.
I think a ESP M-II, JCM 900, and Sonic Stomp are worth more than $1200
Sounds like a really bad deal to me
Quote by JELIFISH19

I am sure they are. He is asking 1500 for the guitar, not 1200. But thanks for your input. I have a 5150II and am getting ready to invest in a Laney VH100r and hate the 900 so I have no problem getting rid of it. Plus I never use the BBE and i won that so I am not to worried about losing that either.
Quote by JELIFISH19

I think he meant you're quite getting way too little for what you're trading. Those items at my location are worth easily more than $1500 between the ESP and JCM, the Sonic Stomp and the $300 are basically giving him a godly rig for no cost at all. Anyway, if you like the guitar then go for it.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
hmm..thats one rare guitar but thats a bad deal...giving the ESP MII plus the sonic stomp for the JEM is enough..talk him into it
depends on the severity of the crack, as too the repair cost, the prices of Jem necks on ebay vary between £300 for a knockoff to £800 for a ibanez one....haven`t got a clue on the rrp, and what a good luthier would charge for a repair without replacing the neck
yeah do you want to give your username and pass to your email so we can see the pic

upload it to photobucket then copy the image link into the thread
Quote by ibanezgod1973
yeah do you want to give your username and pass to your email so we can see the pic

upload it to photobucket then copy the image link into the thread

hey man dont be facepalming me lol. I logged out and could view it via the link, but I was still skeptical. Let me do some work, hang on.