Hey guys.
I'm going to start making an electric guitar. I basically stripped down an old cheap strat copy which I am going to use the neck and electronics from.

Basically, My design is going to be similar to a Martin Backpacker. I think it is going to be give or take 500mm long depending on what sort of wood I use.

So far I am either going to be using Rimu (Native New Zealand wood) or hard pine.

Well, updates will probably be coming every two or so weeks because most of the work is going to be done at my Dad's house not mine haha.

So hear is a photo of the guitar all stripped down:

Didn't get a photo of the guitar before I stripped it down but we all know what a Strat looks like right? haha

The body of the guitar is going to be used to make a Bass some time in the future haha.

If you have any questions, ask away
i would buy a better neck but thats just me.

u know what shape your making the body yet?
Quote by rickyj
i would buy a better neck but thats just me.

u know what shape your making the body yet?

Yea the body is going to be a trapezium kinda shape similar to a Martin backpacker.

I will post the plans hopefully tomorrow.

I would have bought a better neck but this is my 1st attempt at building an electric guitar so I just thought I'd use this old on so if I screw up, I haven't really used any of my money haha
So got the body glued yesterday. Used Rimu. Forgot to get photos but we are gunna doubling up two pieces of wodd. Since we don't have a router we cut out the holes for the pickups using a jigsaw then finidhed the of with a dremel with a sanding attachment and then we used a chisel to carve out paths for the electronics.

Forgot photos but will get some more in two weeks when I'm at my dads cause I have no tools at my place haha