I was over a friends house, and I was shredding on his floyd rose whammy system, pretty fun shit there. Unfortunately, upon going for that Dimebag high pitched screech, a string just decided to break itself. I'm not sure if it was because I pulled the ding a ling too high up or what, but strings don't just decide to break, ya know?

His bridge is pretty ****ed up (it sags into the depths of the guitar), and I kept telling him this, but he doesn't listen. Now, whenever I shred on my guitar, I'm always scared my strings are gonna go all PMS and decide to break when I pull the whaaa too high? Maybe I should move up to some BEEFY girls so that they don't break when I put the hurt on them, get what I'm sayin?
Last edited by chris22107 at Jul 16, 2010,
His string broke cause it was old. If he replaces the string the bar will straighten back out and even if it doesn't he can adjust the springs in the back of the guitar to balance it
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
cool story, bro

anything you need to know? or what.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
If you want an answer, speak like a normal human being.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
lol wow.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
wicky waa waa, wicky wicky waa waa.
If you have everything set up properly, and it's a good trem system, you shouldn't break anything, unless the it's just that time for the string to break (meaning they're old and should have been replaced long ago). I can pull my floyd full up, and not break anything.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
if you replace it with thicker strings theyll break easier becasue it takes more tension to ge them up to pitch.

the bridge floated into the body because there wasnt the tension from the string pulling back on it to keep it in the right position.

also its called a tremolo not a "ling a ding" or a "whaaaaa". you should learn how to construct a sentence before your next post.
Last edited by rickyj at Jul 16, 2010,
Yea man everything happens for a reason bro
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by Koshman32
If you have everything set up properly, and it's a good trem system, you shouldn't break anything, unless the it's just that time for the string to break (meaning they're old and should have been replaced long ago). I can pull my floyd full up, and not break anything.

this. i can pull my floyd until the body stops it without breaking strings as well
Quote by Koshman32

this is true I have a ZR trem and I can pull it all the way back just as I can do with my edge 3 which isn't as half as good trem as the ZR.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Not many with a sense of humor on this forum I see

anyways, thanks for the input guys.
Quote by chris22107
Not many with a sense of humor on this forum I see

anyways, thanks for the input guys.

If you want that go to the pit.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
If you want that go to the pit.

If you don't want him what makes you think we'll want him?

Also TS you make no sense whatsoever.
Please make all future posts in English.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
His strings are too thin, and the springs are pulling the bridge into the guitar, or the guitar springs are too tight