Heavy MTL

So who's going?
I've had my ticket since November, because of the Canadian Carnage tour being canceled several times. So basically I've got a free pass for the first day.

Also, lineup for both days according to Wiki:

Saturday July 24, 2010
Heavy MTL scene

* Skeletonwitch (1:15)
* High On Fire (2:15)
* Kataklysm (3:15)
* Anvil (4:20)
* Rob Halford (5:45)
* Slayer (7:20)
* Megadeth (9:40)

Jägermeister scene

* 36 Crazyfists (12:45)
* Baptized in Blood (1:45)
* Melissa Auf Der Maur (2:45)
* Fear Factory (3:45)
* Testament (5:00)
* Mastodon (6:30)
* Alice Cooper (8:35)

Sunday July 25, 2010
Rockstar Mayhem Festival scene

* Hail The Villain (1:15)
* Despised Icon (2:15)
* Airbourne (3:15)
* Winds of Plague (4:15)
* Five Finger Death Punch (5:15)
* Lamb of God (6:45)
* Rob Zombie (8:35)
* Korn (10:00)

Jägermeister scene

* Beneath The Massacre (1:45)
* Shadows Fall (2:45)
* Chimaira (3:45)
* Hatebreed (4:45)
* Alexisonfire (6:00)
* Avenged Sevenfold (7:30)

Silver Star scene

* Deadly Apples (1:00)
* Les Ékrochés (2:00)
* Norma Jean (3:00)
* 3 Inches of Blood (4:00)
* In This Moment (5:00)
* Atreyu (6:00)
Last edited by 1010011010 at Jul 17, 2010,
cool. I was going to go, but the prices were out of my range (despite being somewhat reasonable).

also, post a link to the official site and lineups. doi
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Hmm. If I were to live in montreal I woulda bought tix see this, but probably only the first day. the second day is complete garbage except for 3 Inches of Blood, IMO.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Picked my ticket up yesterday.

...from a scalper...What do the tickets look like?
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Specifics Boy!
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
seems like a very bleh lineup to me. Skeletonwitch is the only band i'd pay to see.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
first day is pretty good, second day is terrrrrrible. Not that I live anywhere close.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by 1010011010

Heavy MTL scene

* Skeletonwitch (1:15)
* High On Fire (2:15)
* Kataklysm (3:15)
* Anvil (4:20)
* Rob Halford (5:45)
* Slayer (7:20)
* Megadeth (9:40)

I'd only go to this one.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

that show looks pretty terrible............
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
that show looks pretty terrible............

You sure you saw day 1? Anvil, Alice Cooper, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament? All great bands.
Quote by Spiner202
You sure you saw day 1? Anvil, Alice Cooper, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament? All great bands.

Hah
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Skeletonwitch, High on Fire, Testament, Mastodon, the 'deth... first day looks pretty good.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
just going for Alice Cooper and some Skeleton Witch, I heard good things about high on fire but I've had no motivation to check them out. And of course Slayer, they will be playing all of seasons if I understood correctly. Will probably just leave and do something while Megadave plays
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Quote by Spiner202

Please...no...
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Spiner202

Were all good bands in the 80's,thats about it. If this was 1986 then yes i would be excited.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Show was godamm awesome!

Megadeth gave a free show afterwards at the Metropolis. Sucked I found out too late when I was back home.

EDIT: Not going to 2nd day. I think other posters pretty much covered it already... line-up is pretty crappy, imo.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Jul 25, 2010,
3 inches of blood...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by Riffmast
Were all good bands in the 80's,thats about it. If this was 1986 then yes i would be excited.

Hmm, well I can't speak for the others but Alice Cooper still puts on a fantastic show to this day and has still released material since '86 worth hearing live (stuff from Trash, Hey Stoopid and Brutal Planet).
I never noticed how many metalheads there were in Montreal until going to Heavy MTL Saturday. Megadeth was the best band playing, in my opinion. It was freaking cool of them to play a show at Metropolis afterwards. Best night ever.
No, Anvil put in the best show by far. All the other bands went up looked angry, played there pre-selected songs and ran off, anvil was actually entertaining. Disappointed in slayer like always they where tight but the ****ed around a lot and the pit was full of douche bags. Seriously, douche bags, not a single decent human being amongst them.

I've been concidering making a mosh-pit/concert etiquette guide and yesterday has made me decide to do it.

Also, didn't go the second day but I was passing through Berri to Longueuil coming back from my girlfriends house at around 11. Idiot lamb of god...etc fans puking on the tram, yelling...etc. For christs sakes, some people are just getting back from work or something and don't want to see you idiots yelling for 10 minutes in a confined space under the St. Lawrence
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Last edited by k1ng_pooh at Jul 26, 2010,