I'm currently finishing up my fretless superstrat (its sparkly purple) and I want to know if anyone has put a piezo on a fretless and how it sounds

Thanks, Kyle
Have you checked out unfretted.com forums? I'd bet someone there has done it. I've had a fretless Epi Les Paul for about two months, and love the tone from it's stock magnetic pickups, strange as it may be. I personally think that piezo pickups would a) lack bottom end and b) kill the sustain that you're already going to be working hard to get from your fingers. However, if you're going for a shamisen/koto/sitar/sarod sound, then maybe the piezo is a good idea. On the other hand, I feel that piezo pups really shine on big, rich chords, which I highly doubt you will be using the fretless for. If it won't be too much hassle...try it. But if it were me, I'd stick the piezo in another guitar.
Quote by Kyleisthename
I'm currently finishing up my fretless superstrat (its sparkly purple) and I want to know if anyone has put a piezo on a fretless and how it sounds

Thanks, Kyle

Horrendous grammar aside, I love you for that. Pics please.

Haven't tried a piezo on a fretless guitar. I have on a standup bass, but those are very different beasts. It did sound pretty natural on there, though.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah