I just cant seem to find any new bands that i can get in to. Im really getting sick of the bands ive been listening to. Its been like the same 15-20 bands for the past couple years now. I listen to mudvayne, hellyeah, tool, chevelle, breaking benjamin, FFDP and some other bands like em. Anyone have any suggestions or me? Some good guitar skills, heavy bass, and the singer needs a voice that stands out. Im really stumped at what to try.
Try Alter Bridge. Mark Tremonti is a beast, Myles Kennedy is one of the best around. Start out with Come to Life, Rise Today, Open your Eyes, Broken Wings, and when your ready for a master peice...Blackbird. Enjoy
I really like Mudvayne too, i also listen to buckethead just as much. They're not very related but buckethead kicks ass at guitar.
Quote by Midgell
I really like Mudvayne too, i also listen to buckethead just as much. They're not very related but buckethead kicks ass at guitar.

yes both band are good , I listen both new music releases
Check out the band Raintime. Their album Psychromatic is by far my fav album of this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j24_JEIg8Kc&p=58950EF67DA7AE0E&playnext=1&index=9

Alter Bridge is a most, Flaw is another band you should look into. Fozzy's new album slays. Nocturnal Rites is one of my fav bands, very melodic with amazing melodies and music. Start with Grand Illusion and The 8th Sin. Avantasia is another band i love.

Nevermore is another band you cant go wrong with. Volbeat...Heck i can go on all day...
The most talented man on earth...
Kyuss.

Great guitar skills (Josh Homme)
Bass heavy in terms of guitar tone, also, Scott Reeder is a pretty sweet bassist.
John Garcia definitely has a unique voice.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
Kyuss.

Bass heavy in terms of guitar tone, also, Scott Reeder is a pretty sweet bassist.

I was going to say this.

Fu Manchu is pretty similar to Kyuss.
cat
Eh. All the new mainstream bands are pretty meh. Fact is there's really not a whole lot in the way of good anymore.
I personally love 10 Years, they're reminiscent of Chevelle but with much more experimentation; The Autumn Effect and Division are their most diverse albums, and Feeding the Wolves is pretty alright even though it's a bit closer to the mainstream side. Deftones is another band worth a listen; same idea, but they don't exactly have 'mainstream' songs, which is something that's always stood out to me about them.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by pbiggie
Kyuss.

Nick Oliveri is cooler
Quote by TheReverend724
Nick Oliveri is cooler

HELL NAW

I dare you to go to the stoner metal thread and say that. I fucking dare you.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
basslines on sky valley are sexier.

asteroid, space cadet, demon cleaner, 100 degrees, whitewater, all have fantastic bass playing.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74