Pretty much that. I'm not happy with the colors in which American Standards are coming out at the moment.

Do they introduce new colors every year or how often do they change them? Sorry for my english and thanks.

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
None of the manufacturers - including Fender - have a set schedule for introducing new colors. They come out with new ones when they discover a color that they like, or when their marketing research people tell them that a particular color is popular with buyers and that their guitars would sell better if they made them in that color.

Your English is just fine, by the way.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
whenever they feel like. Guitars usually come out in pretty standard colors. you got your whites, blues, blacks, greens, reds.

Most of the fancier stuff is custom shop.

What color are you looking for in particular?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Basically whenever the research they do shows that a certain colour is popular, and will sell well.
Also your English is fine.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The whites blacks and sunbursts are getting kind of boring imo.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
The whites blacks and sunbursts are getting kind of boring imo.

Have you seen the new American Deluxe Tungsten finish? Pretty original and sexy as hell.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
They don't come out that often. Every Fender has a certain style associated with it. Standards are more conservative. The Deluxes typically have things like pearloid and tortoise shell pickguards and shinier and less-traditional finishes. If they come out with new colors don't expect them to step out of those boundaries unless it's a limited edition.
I'd love them to reissue some surf green, daphne/sonic blue, 50s esque colors. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The American Standards only get new colours roughly once every two years, or whenever they change the construction/spec of the American Standard itself (e.g. new pickups, new bridge, etc). Many years ago they would cycle which colours they were using but these days they have just a few colours that they produce for a couple of years. If you want other colours then you need to go to the Fender Custom Shop. That is where they make their new finishes and they'll make any guitar in any finish you want. Their prices start at £1800 GBP for a regular Strat in a custom finish, which isn't bad compared to most Custom Shops.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by CL/\SH
I'd love them to reissue some surf green, daphne/sonic blue, 50s esque colors. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.

Love the surf green. Prefer the headstock plain, though.

I have nothing to add for the TS except that his english is better than half that I read from english folks.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Wow so many replies. Thanks

Quote by AcousticMirror
whenever they feel like. Guitars usually come out in pretty standard colors. you got your whites, blues, blacks, greens, reds.

Most of the fancier stuff is custom shop.

What color are you looking for in particular?

Actually I was looking for a natural finish but all I could find were either MIM strats or 1970 relics for $2600.. Unless I missed something?

I dont get why some cool colors just come in the MIM version..

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
A good thing to do is look used, or look in guitar shops. Occasionaly, you'll find they'll have a few one off colours and things which is pretty cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Thrasher51
Have you seen the new American Deluxe Tungsten finish? Pretty original and sexy as hell.

Oh yeah, the sparkly gray type of finish? THat is sort of getting old too. I think that Fender is making themselves look too clean and whatnot. If you look at their website, it totally contradicts what I think of Fender, which is finding old, very nice strats and things in various shops and them sounding great. Now they seem like mass produced, boring pieces of slab wood where all the necks feel the same and all the bodies look the same.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Sometimes they'll release a limited color quarterly or every six months. You have to check Guitar Center for their exclusives, as well. Sometimes they have colors MF doesn't. That said, sometimes MF has colors that Guitar Center doesn't.
Quote by Pencil Man
Oh yeah, the sparkly gray type of finish? THat is sort of getting old too. I think that Fender is making themselves look too clean and whatnot. If you look at their website, it totally contradicts what I think of Fender, which is finding old, very nice strats and things in various shops and them sounding great. Now they seem like mass produced, boring pieces of slab wood where all the necks feel the same and all the bodies look the same.

dont most guitar companies have guitars that look all the same honestly i find more diversity in fender than in bc rich or ibanez. sure they have a basic template but so does every guitar company and yeah cheap fenders are slabs of wood but if you spend a good amount you get a good guitar you know? think its like that with everything. nothing good is ever free.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Pencil Man

well...

did you expect them to be g and l or something.

you know leo sold the company in '68.
So no natural wood american standard Fenders since 1970? Somebody tell me if I'm missing something.

Quote by a_hub10

Quote by CraftyTrickster
I really want a green guitar. Like an epiphone les paul that's green would be my dream guitar. When are they going to make those again??
Really wish the classic player series would get more colours, only two for each type and pretty generic.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
leo took all the cool colors with him to g and l.

alternatively if for some strange reason you have to have to have a fender you can get it refinished for like 100 bucks.