My girlfriend has one at the moment, due to hairstyling. So I thought I'd ask UG for tips, since it's a common problem guitarists encounter. It's her living so I wanna help her as much as I can.

What can she do in the future to avoid getting one?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I've never heard of A tendonitis....its just called tendonitis. To avoid it, maybe stretching. I think not haveing enough sodium or potassium has something to do with it too.
tendinitis? like inflammation of a tendon? where is tendon located? in her hand?

tendinitis is an over use injury; ice will help keep swelling done, but the only way to keep from re-occurring pain is to take a break from the activity that aggravates it.
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
Stop hairstyling/playing guitar/fapping for a while.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Tendinitis is a condition of tendons in the wrist that become inflamed. It's not really something "you have" and then "get one again". It's from overuse of soft tissue in the hands and wrist and can be from excess stress, overworking the muscles/tendons and even lack of strength.

There's no one hundred percent thing to do to avoid it, the pain can come and go and certain things can make it worse. With her lifestyle, it's probably something she'll just have to deal with. Stretches, braces, exercises for finger dexterity/coordination and strength are good to do. Proper nutrition is good as well as hydration, both of which needed for proper tissue repair. Anti inflammatory meds like ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen may help but get doctor approval first since their use may be more frequent than with other conditions. Physical therapy is always an option to seeing as how they have many ways to pinpoint the exact cause, how to manage and prevent further damage. Many tendon and ligament problems that go untreated lead to further more serious complications that can normally be avoided.

So I guess in short, have her see a doctor to verify all that's going on. It's difficult without seeing a person to diagnose anything for any reason. Coming to the pit is a wild stab in the dark for help (hell, any forum for that matter). Seek professional guidance. In the meantime there are good websites that can help guide questioning for the doctor. Medline Plus and Mayo Clinic are good sources and can help explain things.

Don't quote me on much, I may have a college degree in this stuff but you can't beat a doctor who's a professional at this stuff specifically.
Yeah thanks for the replies. Sorry if I made a typo or something... it's just in french, saying "I have a tendinitis" is the common way of saying it.

It's basicly in her wrist. And no she cannot stop hairstyling; it's her job. Altho she's having 2 weeks off, starting tomorrow, which is a very good thing I think.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

My mom had to quit hairstyling. She was pregnant and she never went back.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man

So I bet you're happy with that. Now she can wipe your arse all day. Good for you.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

when you guys have a medical problem, there's really never any reason for a doctor, just PM me and I'll help you
A friend of mine got it, and kept working- now it's chronic, 2½ years later she still gets pains.

Quote by inlinetobethene
when you guys have a medical problem, there's really never any reason for a doctor, just PM me and I'll help you

Okay
Quote by Våd Hamster
A friend of mine got it, and kept working- now it's chronic, 2½ years later she still gets pains.

Okay

great sig
Yeah I'm also happy to help, I have a college degree.

If you've got any medical problems just PM me.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Pencil Man

lolsies