What distortion pedal do you guys suggest me to get if my budget is under 100 dollars, and i play music from bands like august burns red, a day to remember, attack attack!, and alesana.

Gear:
Vox vt15
ibanez rg120
modeling amp + pedals = very had to get a good tone. I don't advise it. You'll very rarely get a good tone. It'll take ALOT of tweaking. But if your hearts set on buying one, go to your local guitar shop, and try out any high gain pedal ( MXR Fullbore metal, Boss Metal Core or Metal Zone) on the amp that YOU own (preferably with your guitar or one similar) to see if you like the sound.
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
Hey I was wondering if I could get some help! My gear is a ESP with active emg's into a eq pedal running into a noise suppressor. My amp is a Mesa triple rec with a roadking cab. I'm trying to get a lamb or god/parkway drive kind of feel. I can't seem to get a good tone threw my Mesa and have considered selling it or trading it but have been told it's a great f'ing amp. I've read the manual and factory tones and I still can't seem to get what I want. HELP thanx
Quote by Nathanapbeers
Hey I was wondering if I could get some help! My gear is a ESP with active emg's into a eq pedal running into a noise suppressor. My amp is a Mesa triple rec with a roadking cab. I'm trying to get a lamb or god/parkway drive kind of feel. I can't seem to get a good tone threw my Mesa and have considered selling it or trading it but have been told it's a great f'ing amp. I've read the manual and factory tones and I still can't seem to get what I want. HELP thanx

Throwing away a Mesa Triple Rec....WTF...

Whats the problem in getting the tone. Did you try bypassing the EQ pedal and the noise gate? Did u try an OD pedal for more boost?
Ditching a Recto for a VT15 for metal tones?!!??!!?!

*HEADSPLOSION*
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Ditching a Recto for a VT15 for metal tones?!!??!!?!

*HEADSPLOSION*

Its a different person

Quote by Nathanapbeers

Fail.
Quote by Nathanapbeers

If you can't get the sound you want out of a Tri Rec then you won't get it out of anything. This is a textbook example of operator error.

Why do I feel like I just got trolled?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Nathanapbeers

....if this isn't a troll post and you genuinely need help then make a new thread...not sure if trolling...

TS, it's unlikely a distortion pedal will significantly help you get closer to the tone you want. Check the Ultimate Settings thread for some help on EQing your amp and consider putting the money you would spend on a distortion pedal towards a new amp.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jul 17, 2010,
You can get decent tone out of your amp, I have exactly the same amp. Advice though: If you're gonna use pedals, don't do it on anything but the "Boutique CL" Amp model, they sound muddy otherwise.

The last couple of amp models seem like they'd be fine for you though, try the UK Modern one. Its the better of the high gains.
Yeah, I have a Vox Tonelab which has a lot of the same features as your amp. Take the US or UK Modern and pull the gain up to about 3 o clock and the channel volume to about 10 o clock, and *flameshield* start your EQ at 666. It's a good starting point at least.

Also to the dude with the Rec... wow... just wow...
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Last edited by MortifiedLizard at Jul 17, 2010,
digitech hardwire tl-2
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
first get a new amp. Vox isn't meant for br00tz
and i seriously can't believe that someone really likes attack attack
Quote by handbanana
first get a new amp. Vox isn't meant for br00tz
and i seriously can't believe that someone really likes attack attack

Hahahahahahaha man, you just insulted the entire noob community on UG

+1
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!