so i got an old jackson performer on craigslist last week and im super exited about it and i think in the near future i will be refinishing it but thats a def thred. right now i wanna know about floyds. the one that is currently on there is very old and that wouldnt be a problem but the threads for the bar are almost stripped and i wanna put a new floyd in it.

what do you guys suggest?
i dont know if i should get schaller or gotoh or what... im a floyd newb and i need help. lol

but on the brightside i did teach myself how to restring it and idk what everyone complains about as far as restringing floyds. its easy..... lol
Schaller and Gotoh are popular. The OFR holds tune the best out of any that I've tried but many prefer the tone of the Gotoh and to be honest they're all about the same quality. Suhr switched to Gotoh a few years ago if that's saying anything.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Any is fine. The Gotoh is supposedly warmer sounding but I haven't heard it in the same guitar as one with an OFR. Just get which ever one fits.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

mmk.... do you have any idea which one that would be for an old jackson performer?
I don't know which trem came in that or it's measurements. Measure it and get whichever one is closest.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

mmk... if worst comes to worst i could fill the holes and put in the two post in differently?
i would assume it would be the same measurements as the newer jackson kellys..... sorry i forgot to specify wat model it was..
If you're happy with the current one except for the arm get a new arm. Damn sight easier and cheaper than what you are proposing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification