ok so ill admit i am a bit of an orange fan boy and have pretty much decided to pair my jazzmaster with an orange. but i want to know what orange will be the right one for me. ok so i love to have a really clean tone to play my reggae, grateful dead, jazz stuff on but i also like to have a good chimey sound for stuff like arctic monkeys, radiohead. i also like to have a good full gain sound for stuff like blink-182, 311 dirty riffs. so i was thinking the rockerverb 50 will work best but wanted some other opinions

so ad? thunderverb? rockerverb old? rockerberb mk11?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
anyone?
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

If money is no object i suggest you wait for the rockerverb mk II. Unless you need an amp in a hurry the extra features will make you glad that you waited. If you were serious about the chimey clean sound however, i'd almost reccomend you get an ad30 as that has the closest clean to an ac30 and the arctic monkeys used them. You will need a pedal to kick that up into the really modern side of things though.
I would go with one of the AD series amps since they have great cleans and the drive is real nice, just the right amount for you. I'd go with an AD-140 or and AD-30.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Go for tubes all the way. The Tiny Terror (I own) has Fender-close, cleans, but some of the best drives ever. Really really nice drive sounds. It can get pretty messy at full gain too!

For versatility, get the dual terror (2 channels). Its all the amp you'll ever need unless you end up touring the world.
Quote by Leo_Watkins
Go for tubes all the way. The Tiny Terror (I own) has Fender-close, cleans, but some of the best drives ever. Really really nice drive sounds. It can get pretty messy at full gain too!

For versatility, get the dual terror (2 channels). Its all the amp you'll ever need unless you end up touring the world.

if he's looking at rockerverbs I think he can do better than the tiny/dual terrors
rockerverb 50 and an EQ pedal will be perfect
Grateful Dead fan ftw!

The Rockerverb 50/100, I felt at least, suited modern rock and metal, while the AD30, Rocker 30 and Thunderverb 50/200 all suited vintage rock and metal. Neither amps have a particularly 'sweet' clean tone, but that's not to say they won't please you in that area. They shine in high-gain territories, that's fo sho.

For vintage, stoner rock get the Thunverb. For modern, brighter and sharper metal get the Rockerverb. For blues get the Rocker 30 or the AD30.

2c
i see orange as more of a mid gain amp than a high gain with the exception of thunderverb 200, rockerverb 100 they seem more classic than metal to me at least.
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
i see orange as more of a mid gain amp than a high gain with the exception of thunderverb 200, rockerverb 100 they seem more classic than metal to me at least.

that's not right at all. did you see mclaw's thread. I explained it in there.

the rv100 if their highest gain amp.
the tv200 is right below that.

the rv100 can easily do metal.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
+1

The Rockerverb is a straight-up metal amp, imo. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a couple of metalcore bands using them on occasions. Granted it's a little more vintage than a 5150 or a Rectomofier, but it still has boundless amounts of gain and grit.
Quote by AcousticMirror
that's not right at all. did you see mclaw's thread. I explained it in there.

the rv100 if their highest gain amp.
the tv200 is right below that.

the rv100 can easily do metal.

nono you misunderstood me, i said besides the rv100 and tv200 the rest seem classic to me while the rv and tv seem more metal
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
nono you misunderstood me, i said besides the rv100 and tv200 the rest seem classic to me while the rv and tv seem more metal

yes that is correct. vintage,sludge,grunge,crunch

the tv really isn't that metal though. That lack of 4th gain stage makes a super big difference.

That isn't to say that the rv isn't versatile. dimed gain knob will do the less aggressive side of modern metal easily. Gain at noon will do classic crunch all day.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer