When someone says X(note or tone, not sure what it pertains to exactly) sounds Y(color), what does that exactly mean and how would I be able to tell?
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Synesthesia is most likely it. But it's more a personal psychological thing... I feel certain bands/songs have a color, but that's just because when I listen to them/it a color comes into my head. For example, DLN, Baretta, and Batchroom by the GazettE have a very "blue" color to them.
The only way to tell would be to read their sensory-confused brain.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
So it's just one person's mind associating a certain sounding melody or note of some sort to a color that they relate to an emotion, and other people might perceive it in a different way?
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
i think what youre talking about is tone, not notes specifically (which would most likely be synesthesia). a warm tone would have less highs and sound sort of fuzzy in a sense, whereas a not warm tone would sound more crisp with notes that ring out (sometimes referred to as a bell-like tone)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Scarr77
So it's just one person's mind associating a certain sounding melody or note of some sort to a color that they relate to an emotion, and other people might perceive it in a different way?

Basically.

Keep in mind, Synesthesia is different than this.
Quote by Scarr77

Exactly. There is a term "blue note" in jazz and blues, but that's probably an unrelated topic.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

Quote by TK1
i think what youre talking about is tone, not notes specifically (which would most likely be synesthesia). a warm tone would have less highs and sound sort of fuzzy in a sense, whereas a not warm tone would sound more crisp with notes that ring out (sometimes referred to as a bell-like tone)

I understand warm and bright but it's just that when I see people saying that this is red and this is purple or something i would get confused about it.
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
They also may be using hallucinogens...
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

There's also a "brown note". It's better off not being learnt.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
There's also a "brown note". It's better off not being learnt.

Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

Quote by hockeyplayer168
They also may be using hallucinogens...

There's a possibility, haha.
Anyway thanks for clearing that up and answering my question everyone.. DiminishedFifth, Is "The GazettE" a Japanese band? If they are my sister listens to them..
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Quote by Scarr77
There's a possibility, haha.
Anyway thanks for clearing that up and answering my question everyone.. DiminishedFifth, Is "The GazettE" a Japanese band? If they are my sister listens to them..

Why yes... yes they are.