Just got accepted into this band Ive been trying out for, for a little over a month now. Im so stoked! Gotta get myself a new amp though before I start some shows. Looking for some good options under $1,500 Id say. All tube of course. I live in New Jersey, US.

You can check out my new bands old recordings at Myspace.com/HandedToTheThousands to get an idea of what sort of music it is.

Im not professional when it comes to gear, so I figured Id to turn to the forums. I was thinking about getting a Peavey 5150, or Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier. Not sure, I only know the big named amps :p

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Last edited by DefineFamous at Jul 17, 2010,
Definately either get a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider. The MG's have crushing overdrive and spiders are just awesome. But in all seriousness 5150's are amazing amps. That's what I'd go with.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
You have $1500 and you were looking at the 5150??? o.O

A used Mesa Mark series amp, or a Randall MTS. Or a used Soldano.

EDIT: Or a used ENGL.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by JagerSlushy
You have $1500 and you were looking at the 5150??? o.O

A used Mesa Mark series amp, or a Randall MTS. Or a used Soldano.

EDIT: Or a used ENGL.

Whats wrong with looking for a 5150 with $1,500? Ive seen them for cheap on craigslist.

Appreciate the quick reply's by the way
Quote by DefineFamous
Whats wrong with looking for a 5150 with $1,500? Ive seen them for cheap on craigslist.

Appreciate the quick reply's by the way

Are you talking about the Peavey 5150 or the EVH 5150?

I assumed the Peavey. But there's much better out there, especially considering your budget. Can't really comment on the EVH though, never played one.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
could get teh 5150 and a damn nice cab aswell and an OD
not that you'd need one but the tone their famous for( besides the EVH sound) is all gotten with OD
does $1500 include a cab?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by JagerSlushy
Are you talking about the Peavey 5150 or the EVH 5150?

I assumed the Peavey. But there's much better out there, especially considering your budget. Can't really comment on the EVH though, never played one.

The 5150 is a staple metal amp. Nothing wrong with it.

OP, check out Splawn, Mako, Peters, Randall, Mesa... the new Peavey amps (6534+ and Butcher) look promising too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??