so i currently use audacity which usually works fine but wanna know if anyone can recommend any free recording stuff theat may be slightly more reliable
Quote by krvolok
audacity

yeah...this is pretty much it.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I don't know what I'm more disappointed in, this question or the fact that the first 2 answers are absolute shit...

Look up Reaper. Its a free full functioning trial that never expires. Its a great program for starting out compared to Audacity and, if/when you buy it, its $60.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I don't know what I'm more disappointed in, this question or the fact that the first 2 answers are absolute shit...

Look up Reaper. Its a free full functioning trial that never expires. Its a great program for starting out compared to Audacity and, if/when you buy it, its $60.

Shouldn't this be stickied somewhere? Seriously. I've only been on here a month and can't count the "cheap recording software" threads I've seen in this amount of time.

I suppose I should add content to this thread. The only reason I was scared to try Reaper is that I thought it was going to be a lot more processor intensive than it was. It runs faster than Audacity on my crappy laptop, and is a far more powerful bit of software. Like lockwolf said, try it. You won't be disappointed.
while (REAPER > AUDACITY)
{
printf ("REAPER = BEST FREE RECORDING SOFTWARE"/n);
}
plz sticky. it took me too long to find this.
-Your shadow of doubt.