so ive noticed recently that the same american muscle vs. ricer debate can also be applied to guitars. some poeple swear by american brands like fender, gibson,martin, taylor etc while others favor ibanez, esp, alvarez, etc. so what do you think about this pit? what factors apply to both debates and what brands do you swear by?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Japanese goods are very good quality.

They shouldn't come under the traditional "chinese/taiwanese/asian - made goods stereotype"
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
i never said they were cheap, i just said why do you think they have these vs.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

My mate has a MIJ Fender. It's probably the best playing guitar I've ever had my hands on.

//slightly related
Quote by darkcheef
Swearing by a brand is so stupid.

not really, i swear by zvex, swart, custom shop fender cause i have never had a bad experience with any of their products
roland AC90

I love PRS. But it's got nothing to do with it being an American company. If Ibanez made PRS shaped guitars, and they felt/played the same, and were of the same quality, i'd still want one.

And not to start a debate or anything, but I can't stand driving American cars.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
also not to cause confusion i have nothing against japanese cars, my top 3 cars are a r34, rsx, supra
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
also not to cause confusion i have nothing against japanese cars, my top 3 cars are a r34, rsx, supra

Have you driven any of those?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
Have you driven any of those?

i have an rsx, my uncle has a GTR that ive driven on a track and everyone knows supras are badass
roland AC90

My personal experience with guitars is that Japan > US. Hard to really compare Korean, Chinese, etc. to something like Mexican or alike, still haven't tried quite enough guitars :P

With cars, I'm sure it's different somewhere else, but here in Finland, American cars are much worse than Asian. Welcome to the winter "wonderland" where most US made cars break down instantly and/or refuse to start up when the weather isn't perfect. I've got nothing against US cars, I like them mostly, but they're just not made for our weather conditions ^^
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"

My dream guitar.

EDIT:

I swear by Ibanez, by the way. I have tried several, and I love them.
Last edited by UntilISleep at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by Skagasm
i have an rsx, my uncle has a GTR that ive driven on a track and everyone knows supras are badass

Mhmmkay.

No offense.
I was hoping you weren't some like 16 year old saying stupid shit about cars.

EDIT: Also about guitars, I have no preference where they are from. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
Mhmmkay.

No offense.
I was hoping you weren't some like 16 year old saying stupid shit about cars.

EDIT: Also about guitars, I have no preference where they are from. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter.

lol its always good to question people on their knowledge man no worries,
roland AC90

I'd like to play my Ibanez while driving around an Evo or a GTR. To give credit though, American muscle is my second favorite.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Skagasm
lol its always good to question people on their knowledge man no worries,

I was hoping you weren't a kid that thought you knew everything about cars because of video games. I've been running into a lot of those lately and its pissing me off.
/rant
ಠ_ಠ
it kinda seems like a good combo though you know like an ibanez s=evo, pretty fast but accurate and great handling. while a les paul=ss chevelle balls to the wall power but kinda heavy.
roland AC90

Quote by NoOne0507

im guessing your vote is american?
roland AC90