So recently i replaced one of my leads because the sound kept cutting out.Another lead worked meant that it worked perfectly and using both at once with my BOSS RC-2, only one didn't work. I replaced the shitty lead now however, when i try to play a pinch harmonic, my amp completely stops making any noise. If the lead wasn't the reason that the sound randomly dies then what would that most likely be? guitar or amp?
I have a noisegate but i havent been using it and they don't just not ring out properly, the amp doesn't make a noise at all.
Quote by Campbell2893
I have a noisegate but i haven't been using it and they don't just not ring out properly, the amp doesn't make a noise at all.

I'm reading what you are saying. Entirely disconnect the ng and check just in case. Is this also the case regardless of what pickup you are using?

And if you are using a pedal train/board, it could be any of the cables connecting them. Check them all one by one.

Try skipping the board and plug directly into the amp. If all goes well, add pedals one by one and see if you can isolate either the pedal or a cable as the cause.

After that it gets more invasive. Open your guitar and check the connections to the jack, pickups and switches. If you have a circuit tester, try and make sure nothings cutting out if you juggle the wires a bit. Assuming your lead is good, plug it into the guitar check the connectivity between the internal jack connections and the end of the lead (the free end). Do some jiggling.

And so on. Approach the situation systematically.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an