Ok I am pretty new to distortion pedals and this one will be my first. I play stuff like muse, Randy Rhoads, Hendrix, slash, rise against and stuff and i have a Cort Kx5 (still working on a Les Paul)

I am thinking about a DigiTech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion or a Maxon Sonic Distortion SD-9 and cos i am a Noob with this stuff please help me and if you have any suggestions for other pedals don't hesitate to add them on your replies i am looking for a nice heavy distortion that can also do the lighter stuff with a tone that reaches from Classic metal to punk...
o yeah and please no overdrive pedals :/

also if you can please list the pro's and con's of the above named pedals.
Quote by G3752
Ok I am pretty new to distortion pedals and this one will be my first. I play stuff like muse, Randy Rhoads, Hendrix, slash, rise against and stuff and i have a Cort Kx5 (still working on a Les Paul)

I am thinking about a DigiTech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion or a Maxon Sonic Distortion SD-9 and cos i am a Noob with this stuff please help me and if you have any suggestions for other pedals don't hesitate to add them on your replies i am looking for a nice heavy distortion that can also do the lighter stuff with a tone that reaches from Classic metal to punk...
o yeah and please no overdrive pedals :/

also if you can please list the pro's and con's of the above named pedals.

Well what amp do you have?
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
never tried the maxon. The Digitech is very versatile and nice sounding. It's got 2 modes, Crunch and saturated. Crunch is good for classic rock and saturated is good for higher gain and more modern stuff.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
@lifeordeath09 "Well what amp do you have?"

A washburn bad dog 12 lol it sucks but i will be getting a better one eventually( not soon) but it is not just for my practice amp it is also for band practice where we use other amps ... idk what amps those are though sorry..
Well I suggest the Digitech then :P It's really good
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas