Hi all,

I had an Ibanez GAX of some sort a while back and wish I had one like it again. It wasn't typical tho, it had a kind of quilted top. Not sure that it was quilted maple, could have been the finish. Very dark red in color.

Anyway, all I have left of this guitar is the headstock (don't ask). The serial on the back reads w321425 (made in Korea).

It was like a GAX 70, 2 volume, 2 tone, 3 way leaf cutter toggle, 2 humbuckers. Castle headstock.

Anyone have any idea what model this was? It had dimarzio pickups in it when I got it off eBay, but those may have been installed by another owner, not sure they were factory.

I know this isn't a lot to go off of, but any info would be great.

Thanks
all you need to do is call Ibanez and give them that number they will tell you what it is ,they did it for me years ago and to come to find out that the guitar i was looking for they still had in stock so i got very lucky maybe you can too .
^ ibanez don`t keep a record of what serial number is applied to which guitar, so you were extremely lucky, the serial number is only useful for factory and date, and to identify your guitar as belonging to you is it needs repairing.

check the ibanez back catolgues on the ibanez site
Quote by ibanezgod1973
^ ibanez don`t keep a record of what serial number is applied to which guitar, so you were extremely lucky, the serial number is only useful for factory and date, and to identify your guitar as belonging to you is it needs repairing.

check the ibanez back catolgues on the ibanez site

hum thats strange every time i get one i call call them and they tell me what i need to know about the guitars i come across