I guess this is the only place I can get professional answers.. SO what you guys think?, I need some crits about the quality and the music itself since well be auditioning this song in an upcoming Composition Battle of the Bands and the grand winner of it will gain a record deal,.. ill also C4C.

The instruments are not right yet, We still have to edit this but this is mainly the concept of the song

(my friends still working on the lyrics)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Klackwise/music/all/play868181
Judging a rap metal "song" without the lyrics/melody is a complete waste of time, especially when you admit that it's not finished. 2 riffs and 2 chords probably won't win you any composition prizes though (but there's no accounting for the competition of course).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Solid idea, definetly sounds like RATM. If you want honesty, the guitar parts a slightly off at some points, so work on timing. It is something I struggle with at times also. You are playing alot of notes on lead though, so it isn't as simple as just chords....so I mean it is to be expected unless you are doing this all the time.

Remember you don't always have the throw down the usual song outline...solo followed by one last chorus then pretty much done...you can mix it up and maybe make 2-3 breakdowns with smaller licks/solos.

Let me know what gear you are planning on using for the final draft of recording and mastering - especially what guitar processing you are running. I am guessing when you are throwing down the lyrics, you are going to rebalance the mix of the lead/rhythm/drums as to not overpower the vocals? Also, think of maybe adding some delay/rev to your final guitar mix, give it a little more depth...and on the lead maybe use chorus or flanger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEIFax36co

Tell me what you think of the finished product....if thats what you are thinking with your song...or you are going to record a live version in a studio?
Last edited by wy2sl0 at Jul 17, 2010,
good idea to compare to RATM and not limp bizkit haha.

guitar part is 9/10-pretty much it seems like you have all the parts down. another riff would of been cool.

bass part is 7/10 i actually heard it and it sounded good. a lil more bass in it would raise my score higher

drums part is 4/10 ehh it needs abit more diversity aka alot of crashes lol and the cymbals are played really loud in the mix.

all in all. a good 6.5/10-7/10 its a pretty stable song that seems like it can pick up a good amount of fans
Thx for the crits guys, actually this song won us in our local battle of the bands in my town against bands that was covering deep purple, gunsnroses, metallica, and some originals. the win was very inspiring lyrics has been done a long time ago but the vocals is very arrogant and he wants to make it more poetic.

Yes we are thinking of doing a studio live recording. But we have troubles with the drummer since he is very busy with his daily work. So maybe well stick with a drum simulator for now.
I agree though that some parts of the song are off. Well just fix that, thx.

@wy2sl0 thanx for the suggestion, ill try that. btw WOW man your a great guitarist.. I had just listen to your link and the guitars blew me away, cant say nothing bad about a guitarist whos better than me. =(
Quote by Klackwise
Thx for the crits guys, actually this song won us in our local battle of the bands in my town against bands that was covering deep purple, gunsnroses, metallica, and some originals. the win was very inspiring lyrics has been done a long time ago but the vocals is very arrogant and he wants to make it more poetic.

Yes we are thinking of doing a studio live recording. But we have troubles with the drummer since he is very busy with his daily work. So maybe well stick with a drum simulator for now.
I agree though that some parts of the song are off. Well just fix that, thx.

@wy2sl0 thanx for the suggestion, ill try that. btw WOW man your a great guitarist.. I had just listen to your link and the guitars blew me away, cant say nothing bad about a guitarist whos better than me. =(

Thank you very much for the compliments, but I am not as good as you think...MAYBE I have slightly more consistency than you, but I am not that good...the key is to just know what you want to play...and then practice and practice with a metronome. Once you have your licks down, you can make it sound great. It is just the post-processing that makes it sound good! I guarantee you if you sent me your tracks or at least your midi files for your drums then your guitar lead track I could probably do a mix for you if you would like. Anyways thanks alot for looking at my link, and if you need anything just PM.