I got some advice in my other thread but now i need more lol, i found an avatarg212h that i like but it comes in 4 ohms, 8 ohms or 16 ohms
and stereo cab and mono cab what ones or what one will work with my mesa boogie recto-verb series one head? This is my first head and cab ive awlays owned combos Thank you
well the mesa probably runs on 8 ohms mono
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Check the impedance of your head, and order your cab so its impedance matches.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Impedence = Resistance. If you've taken any physics classes, you've learned the basic principles of this, which is all you need to figure this out.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/sRec_Sers2.pdf

There's the manual for your amp. Please do read it. On page 17 it says that Mesa/Boogie amps can handle 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. There's your answer. Get your cab at 4 or 8 ohms. Depending on the speakers, they'll wire them for you in series or parallel to give you the proper impedance. For example (for 4 ohm speakers):

2x4 ohm speakers in series = 8 ohms
2x4 ohm speakers in parallel = 2 ohms

You're good to go with either. In my experience, I've come across more 8 ohm ready heads than 4 ohm ready heads, so I'd go with the 8 ohm. But that's just me; not sure what others would say about that
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 17, 2010,
^great post

only

also, there are not a lot of 4 ohm speakers out there. Most of them are 8 or 16, so:

2 x 8 ohm in parallel is 4 total
2 x 16 ohm in parallel is 8 total.

The latter is how my Avatar is set set up. Great cabs for the money. Do it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it would be 4 ohms.

EDIT: I digress. I just looked over my post, you're right

I'll change my original post as to not confuse anyone.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 17, 2010,
Allright thank you i tried downloading the manual earlier before posting this but i couldnt get to mesas websight Thanks though
And ive never took any physics class
Should the cab be stereo or mono? I need to get it right if im going to buy an avatar because there r no returns.
I was thinking of getting the g12t75 speakers ill be playin mainly metal.
I dont really understand what the hellatone 60s are it says slightly broken in celestion vintage 30s wtf does that mean? lol
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jul 19, 2010,
you want mono

the hellatone 60s are just rebranded Vintage 30s that have been broken in. I think they do this by attaching some sort of load to the speakers that simulates 6 months of regular gigging or something like that.

broken in speakers are usually considered better because the cone has had a chance to soften up and not be so 'brittle' as a lot of new speakers can be. I can attest to this somewhat as my cab sounds a lot better now (I think) than it did when I first got it in early '09.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you want mono

the hellatone 60s are just rebranded Vintage 30s that have been broken in. I think they do this by attaching some sort of load to the speakers that simulates 6 months of regular gigging or something like that.

broken in speakers are usually considered better because the cone has had a chance to soften up and not be so 'brittle' as a lot of new speakers can be. I can attest to this somewhat as my cab sounds a lot better now (I think) than it did when I first got it in early '09.

Thanks i was pretty sure about mono
the speakers on the other hand i still have to decide what will be best for me
pretty lost man lol
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
Impedence = Resistance. If you've taken any physics classes, you've learned the basic principles of this, which is all you need to figure this out.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/sRec_Sers2.pdf

There's the manual for your amp. Please do read it. On page 17 it says that Mesa/Boogie amps can handle 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. There's your answer. Get your cab at 4 or 8 ohms. Depending on the speakers, they'll wire them for you in series or parallel to give you the proper impedance. For example (for 4 ohm speakers):

2x4 ohm speakers in series = 8 ohms

You're good to go with either. In my experience, I've come across more 8 ohm ready heads than 4 ohm ready heads, so I'd go with the 8 ohm. But that's just me; not sure what others would say about that

Just to add, impedance isn't exactly resistance. But it's close.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
id listen to 311 and get the hellatones they are awesome, i would get them but the vox i want is better paired with alnico blues
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
usually mesa is run with v30s.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I wish i would have thought of all these questions at once but anyways
i just bought an avatar 2x12 with v30s in its 8 ohms now my recto-verb head has 3 jacks on the back of it going left to right 8 ohm-4ohm-4-ohm how would i connect this to the 8 ohm 2x12 cab and what kind of speaker cable do i need.
Your cab is 8 ohms. Hook it up to the 8 ohm jack. Get a decent gauge speaker cable.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58