I am in need of replacing my Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Fixed Bridge) with Dimarzio pickups. Should I replace them with f-spaced pickups or regular space pickups?
Ibanez IJX121
To be perfectly honest it doesnt matter and makes little difference but I think ibby is f-spaced.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
hi , f-spacing pick up are for floyd rose bridge , i would suggest the regular spacing , if you use the f-spacing , your string wont be very well align with the pick up , but its still work great, did that mistake with my grx-20 , install dimarzio Mo-Joe and D-Activator f-spacing when i should have install regular
PRS: SE Torrero
Ibanez: GRX-20
Stony: fender copy
Peavy: JSX head
Line 6: Spider cab 4x12
Fostex: PM-0.5 MK2
Boss: EG-31 eq
Autocom pro MDX 1400 compressor/gate
Digitech: RP-355
Radial: Big Shot
Quote by XtremesWolf
hi , f-spacing pick up are for floyd rose bridge , i would suggest the regular spacing , if you use the f-spacing , your string wont be very well align with the pick up , but its still work great, did that mistake with my grx-20 , install dimarzio Mo-Joe and D-Activator f-spacing when i should have install regular

Are Seymour Duncans regular spaced?
Ibanez IJX121
i dont know about seymor duncan pick up, only change once and for dimarzio, even if i install f-space when i should have put regular, i dont think it make a difference in sound , the string are mostly align , just not as center to the pick up bolt as they should , but i dont regret it, you can check my Wolverine blues cover in my mp3 profile, its been made with my grx-20 with my new dimarzio f-space pick up
PRS: SE Torrero
Ibanez: GRX-20
Stony: fender copy
Peavy: JSX head
Line 6: Spider cab 4x12
Fostex: PM-0.5 MK2
Boss: EG-31 eq
Autocom pro MDX 1400 compressor/gate
Digitech: RP-355
Radial: Big Shot
Last edited by XtremesWolf at Jul 17, 2010,