Hi guys,

I thought I'd share this band with you. They're based somewhere down in Southern UK.

http://www.myspace.com/xxcortez77

I'm in sort of two minds about whether I like it or not. It's quite good stuff, even though the chorus of Hands Up! is a rip off of I Spy from the Dead Kennedys' final studio album Bedtime for Democracy (1986?), whether accidental or deliberate.

On one hand, the songs are pretty good, and you'd obviously get a great live show, but on the other hand I get the feeling that it's a bit sceney (ie the kind of group where they wouldn't let people in unless they looked right) plus it's a bit too closely modelled on the Dead Boys with a thunders impersonator, which is rather pretentious for a bunch of honkeys from sussex.

That said, even my really favourite bands I don't love unconditionally, so that's the way it goes. Let the fans decide.
Eh. They really did nothing for me. I hear the cheap Dead Boys model (only with too much 80s influence, which totally misses the rock'n'roll aspects of the Dead Boys that I like), but not the Thunders.

Maybe just not my thing, but they didn't stand out to me.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I'm in sort of two minds about whether I like it or not. It's quite good stuff, even though the chorus of Hands Up! is a rip off of I Spy from the Dead Kennedys' final studio album Bedtime for Democracy (1986?), whether accidental or deliberate.

The verse is also highly reminiscent of Terminal Preppie
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Oh, thank god, I thought it was just me being unfair.

Me and Stiv might go to the show next week. That said, it's Stiv we're talking about here, so we blatantly won't be going.
I like this. There's a lot of stuff out there right now that sounds similar, but I don't mind hearing more.