Hi, I wanted to know what piece of equipment Jack White used for doing Blue Orchid. I searched around and some people have been saying he used a whammy pedal and others said he used an octave pedal. So what are the differences between these two (if any) and what one did Jack White use? Thanks
I think he used his POG set at one octave up and down. The differences between an octave pedal and a Whammy is that an octave pedal generates one (or two sometimes) octave up or down of the input singal, where the Whammy can do things like 3rds and more harmonizing stuff and you can control it with the expression pedal etc.
eh poly-octave-generator
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
heres his setup

http://guitarplayer.wordpress.com/2007/07/05/learn-how-to-sound-likejack-white-the-white-stripes/

i have the whammy and i use it for blue ochird set at the first option in the harmony section, which is 1 octave down 1 octave up. he does use the pog, not sure if he does it on that particular song, but he does use it for things like making his gutiar sound like a bass in 7 nation army.Also, the big muff is very important to basically every white stripes song, so if you dont have that, I would start there first.
Last edited by ak10 at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by WtrPlyr
I think he used his POG set at one octave up and down. The differences between an octave pedal and a Whammy is that an octave pedal generates one (or two sometimes) octave up or down of the input singal, where the Whammy can do things like 3rds and more harmonizing stuff and you can control it with the expression pedal etc.

He uses a pog set to one octave down plus the normal signal, this can be done on the whammy, i'm sure this is what's done since i've got a whammy pedal and the big muff and that exact tone can be got like that.

Also, he double tracked the guitar by playing the same thing twice which is why it has that big sound.

edit: before the 'harmony' controls there is an option to do this, it's the first on the harmony list.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 17, 2010,