A couple of friends and i have been invited to play at a party for one of my co workers. We said yes before hearing to many details andlater on realized that we're kind of screwed. we only have about an hour and a half of music prepared and she wants us to play for a few hours.

I need some song suggestions. they need to be very easy to learn, well known and preferably nothing to high on the vocals. Its for an older (30's-40's) crowd.

We have two guitars a bass and drums, but only three people so one of us can play bass while the other plays guitar and vice versa, so try to keep that in mind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Big Booty Bitches.

Seriously. The lyrics are easy to remember, the notes in the vocals are pretty much the same all the way through, and the same riff repeats until the end.

What more could you ask for?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ln6fmjAN8I

^ Video for reference.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by Led Pepplin
Big Booty Bitches.

Seriously. The lyrics are easy to remember, the notes in the vocals are pretty much the same all the way through, and the riff repeats until the end.

What more could you ask for?

Do it.
No One Knows. Everyone knows that song.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
"Low" by Cracker is easy, "School's Out" is easy, "House of the Rising Sun", "Good" by Better than Ezra, "Bad Moon Rising", "No Rain", "Rebel Rebel" by Bowie, "Roadhouse Blues", "Tore Down" by Clapton, "Wild Nights" John Mellencamp, "Won't Back Down" and "You Don't Know How it Feels" by Petty, "Creep" and "Interstate Lovesong" by STP.
Those are all pretty easy. Any blues song really...
Good luck!
Quote by Will Swanson
I can't see you guys pullingthrough this one.

Hilarious!!!
Quote by Will Swanson
I can't see you guys pullingthrough this one.

/thread

Seriously, I can't see any way how you could make it... Especially since you have to play for a few hours!! It's impossible dude!!
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
inb4 I Cum Blood

I second Wonderful Tonight. How well does your band jam? You could fill up some time in between songs you were already going to play with jam interludes.

Good luck man, that's a tight spot.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
Just pick an older Green Day album, like Dookie, and play the whole thing. Everyone will know it, and it's easy to learn.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Unless you arrive a few hours late and blame a death, Then they'll let you off if you're crap too.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Learn some easy hair/glam ie; talk dirty to me, but more importantly just do easy to learn classic rock songs. Kiss, ACDC, Judas Priest (Living after midnight, breaking the law), Rolling Stones. Granted all those bands have 2 guitars so you won't get the full effect, but if you have the energy you can make any song, even a simple blues jam, entertaining for the audience. Heck, with a set that long you are probably gonna be more background music than a real show.
free fallin' by tom petty is really easy.
You can always find a place to go if you can keep your sanity
she wants us to play for three hours, but won't really care if we dont play that long. also, if we need to we can bring up the chords and lyrics with us, so the memorization is not a problem. we will probably be playing mostly acoustic songs.
thanks for the suggestions so far
Quote by pullingthrough
she wants us to play for three hours, but won't really care if we dont play that long. also, if we need to we can bring up the chords and lyrics with us, so the memorization is not a problem. we will probably be playing mostly acoustic songs.
thanks for the suggestions so far

Can you guys sight read? Running down to a music shop and picking up some kind of compilation sheet music/tab book of something like "The best of x genre" type thing sounds like your best bet in this scenario.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
Quote by Primus2112
No One Knows. Everyone knows that song.

No one knows No One Knows, ya know? No? Okay.
Quote by leg end
No one knows No One Knows, ya know? No? Okay.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
If the people are 30-40, then play music from 70's and 80's. They grew up in that time, so uh, yeah.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
play all the "classic" classic rock songs every house band plays at a pub, you know, dirty deeds, sweet home alabama, that kind of thing
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.