So ever since prep school I've wanted to learn to play guitar and finally(im starting college this fall) I got an acoustic. I've been using online tutorials for 5 days and so far I can play the C-Major, G-Major and D-Major chords. I'm also slightly getting the hang of switching between G and D(although I still hit the wrong strings once every few times). That's all I can do though and I still don't feel like I'm switching fast enough (it takes me about a second at BEST) so I don't know if I should throw the C into the mix or wait until I master the first 2. Any advice on how to get the hang of this and if I'm on the right track?

Thx in advance ^^

P.S. If it matters I'm an 18 yr old guy...
Keep at it...it'll come with practice and dedication!
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Yep, right track there! Just keep practicing, it'll come easy enough soon.
There's a truck load of songs using C, G, D, Am, Em chords. All easy shapes once you've got the hang of them, so great fun to play and practice on.

I would recommend trying to get Bm barre chord down as soon as you can, cos it's a right bugger!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Eh well, you are kinda on the right track.
Try to get all the basic open chords in.

Such as A, Am, C, D, Dm, E, Em, G

Then learn the Dominant 7th chords.

Just try and play them, mix them together, try and make a song...

Then you will eventually get used to changes...

Play some basic songs.
(look on this site.)

As you are a 18 year old male, you only need like 4 chords to get you laid.

They are C, G, Am and the tough one: F.
first welcome to ug
and your on the right track your learning something
one of the best way to learn how switch between chords is to learn songs with those chords
may i suggest some easy johnny cash
Thx for the advice and motivation! I'll take the advice and learn those chords and practice the basic songs I can find(this site is REALLY USEFUL)

Quote by qsceszxdwa

As you are a 18 year old male, you only need like 4 chords to get you laid.

Actually I don't need any chords to get laid =P...I just mentioned it in case age/sex matter when learning